Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Calidrawer alternative

E

Edgar

VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hello

Calicap.eu refusing to ship to UK due to Brexit uncertainty. Tries suggesting I would arrange pick up via courier and take full responsibility for import but no joy

What's the best UK alternative?

Thanks

plan a holiday and collect

Should be ok now as they have until at least 31 October 2019 to fulfill your order.

I did mention this to him but no joy
Hi Edgar - it seems Calicap.de and California Camping.de both have versions of the Calidrawer in stock and that Blightly has been temporarily removed from pariah state club. With a little help from Google Translate, I've just now managed to order the smaller 760 mm version for delivery here in UK. So if you're still looking, Großritannien is once again a shipping option.

Cheers

Taff T

I’m going to build my own this weekend. I can give you some info to do yourself if you like once I’ve completed it...?

I’m going to build my own this weekend. I can give you some info to do yourself if you like once I’ve completed it...?

I'd be interested to hear how you get on.
I'm hoping to make something similar as a 'jump board' for my dogs.

Well made a start.
Just waiting on the fixing bolts for the floor to arrive and then I can fix the tray to the sliders. Then just need some timber for the base and job done.
:thumb

Looking really good. I have a 100 questions. Chat later

This looks like a fantastic diy job. Very interested to hear how you get on.. do you have a parts list? Hoping a little less expensive than off the shelf calidrawer options.

This looks like a fantastic diy job. Very interested to hear how you get on.. do you have a parts list? Hoping a little less expensive than off the shelf calidrawer options.

Not fully complete, but will do a breakdown at the end.

I'm thinking about this too. What ball bearing runners etc to buy? I reckon I could fit 2 runners then get an engineering company to weld up 4 aluminium angle irons to my measurements. Then bolt it in. Slab of ply wood and bang. It's done. But does it have to slide into a frame?

I'm thinking about this too. What ball bearing runners etc to buy? I reckon I could fit 2 runners then get an engineering company to weld up 4 aluminium angle irons to my measurements. Then bolt it in. Slab of ply wood and bang. It's done. But does it have to slide into a frame?

You just need to make a frame to attach the sliders to.
I used slide rails from gsf components.
Im going to try and find time at work today to tweak it.
Then tomorrow pop to a powder coat shop and see how much it will cost to powder coat. I would like it Indium Grey to match the van.

Theres a micro businees here for someone with the skills (not me!),I cant understand why the Calicap guy won’t supply?

Theres a micro businees here for someone with the skills (not me!),I cant understand why the Calicap guy won’t supply?

I thought that.
But they are a bit time consuming and it would be easier with a little workshop. Drilling aluminium is a bit of a mess the swarf gets everywhere. The parts do mount up too.
Depends on what you willing to work for and how much free time your willing to lose.

You just need to make a frame to attach the sliders to.
I used slide rails from gsf components.
Im going to try and find time at work today to tweak it.
Then tomorrow pop to a powder coat shop and see how much it will cost to powder coat. I would like it Indium Grey to match the van.

Getting the sliding frame ‘square’ would be the tricky bit for me. Is it welded or bolted?

Do the sliders lock in both open and closed position?

Plastic coating is usually very cheap, but you might not get an exact colour match, normally you can only choose RAL colours.

Got my rack back from powder coating.
I have a bad back :(
But I had to have a go at assembling it together tonight. Just need to finish the shelf floor, sometime over the weekend and boom... She’s ready to go...:bananadance2

Back