Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Beach Heritage Red Edition

Gazellio

Gazellio

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I recently bought a manual 150 Beach from VW Colindale Vans including the following factory options with 64 miles on clock (2-month old Demonstrator that had done very little demonstrating):

Start/Stop Function, Discover Media Sat Nav 6.33" Colour Touch Screen & SD Card (Europe), USB & AUX In, SD/MP3 Compatible, Bluetooth Phone Connectivity with WIFI, Climatronic 3-Zone A/C with 2nd Evaporator, Lights & Vision Package, Decorative Insert Dark brushed Silver decorative strip in lower outside body colour (Red), Auto Headlamp Activation, Daylight Running Lights, Leaving home & coming home function, Front & Rear Parking Sensors, Breakaway Interior Rear View Mirror - Auto Dimming, Wiper Intermittent Control with Rain Sensor, Front & Rear Parking Sensors, Magnetic Flashlight, Comforts Dashboard Package with wide center console and bottler compartment, Dust & pollen Filter Air Outlet in Driver Cabin, Auxiliary Heater, Air Conditioned Headliner and additional passenger control, Leather Multi Function Steering Wheel and Gearshift Knob, Awning (Housing & Rail in Black)., RED Roof Below's.

I bought it with the intention of building it into a replica of the Caravelle Generation 6 Special Edition (And or the California Ocean "Red" Special Edition - Europe Only). So far I have added:

Gen 6 Heritage Wheel & Chrome Caps, Khumo Winter Tyres, Lower Grille Chrome Trim X3, Waistline Chrome Trim X 5, Door Pillar Gloss Blackout Panels, California Step Mats, and have California Triple Chrome Front Grille ready to be fitted. I have also ordered front Cab Carpet, Chrome Side Indicators and matching BULLI Badges plus a Heritage Metal GB Plate for the back, I am in talks with a company supplying LED headlights that have VW approval and are relatively cheap. More to follow but here she is today:

CALIFORNIA_BEACH_GEN_6.jpg

Last edited:
Here is the California "Ocean Red" I am copying only sold in Germany I think at e84000....(Mine has Black Interior which I think looks even better and have the Triple Grille here & Lights coming)

california_red.jpg

In Black & White vintage mode - A Grey/White combo would also look good.

GEN-6_B&W.jpg

Its original VW Parts from any VW Parts Dept. Prices vary depending on Dealer....

N/S/F door moulding 7E0853053B2ZZ £70.48

N/S B-Pillar moulding 7E0853093B2ZZ £28.51

N/S/R Side panel moulding 7E0853057B2ZZ £91.82

O/S/F door moulding 7E0853054B2ZZ £70.48

O/S sliding door moulding 7E0853101C2ZZ £91.82

Re the new lights who thinks "Dark/Black" design like my existing or the "Chrome" design of the Gen 6 or Ocean Red? I can get the LED upgrade Lights in either....

Great looking van and project

Can I ask where and how much the alloys were? Very tempted

The very Bad news: The Wheels/Caps are £ 2449.54 (Problem is you cannot do this without them)
The very Good news: The full LED Vw approved lights are £450 the pair (update to follow when I have seen/tested them)

Total Cost of Van+Gen6 Project so far a tad under £45000 I think I am winning... :cheers

20180103_125830.jpg

Last edited:
Haha....the cost of the wheels killed me

But the light upgrade sounds very good, thank you.....I will watch with anticipation

Chrome Indicators and Bulli Badges arrived today as well as old style Tin GB badge...

badges.jpg

Update: California "Beach-Bulli"

So despite the weather I have added the Chrome Waistline Boot trim, the GB Badge, Bulli Badges and the Chrome side-indicators...

Love the subtle improvements especially the Bulli badges.

20180104_143603.jpg
20180104_143625.jpg
20180104_143711.jpg
20180104_143807.jpg
20180104_143905.jpg
20180104_143913.jpg

By the way the side indicators are prized out from the pointy (front) end using a large flat blade srcewdriver or similar. They lift easily on the spring and pop out releasing the sticky tab at the other end. VERY easy 2 minutes each side.

Presumably they are just LED DRLs, not full LED headlights? Perhaps those from transporterhq, travelinlite, etc?

No not those mentioned above. These are new arriving next week and are better/different to previous offerings. I will see them next week. It is Transporterhq but not their existing offering. I am going to see them early next week and will report on what I find, if I like I may get them fitted. I think they are LED Daytime running lights (DRLs) in the Factory design (Black or Chrome Inner) plus improved H7 Main/Dipped Beam. Plug & Play and Error Free.

No not those mentioned above. These are new arriving next week and are better/different to previous offerings. I will see them next week. It is Transporterhq but not their existing offering. I am going to see them early next week and will report on what I find, if I like I may get them fitted. I think they are LED Daytime running lights (DRLs) in the Factory design (Black or Chrome Inner) plus improved H7 Main/Dipped Beam. Plug & Play and Error Free.

You mean the ones Transporter HQ have been developing over the last 6 - 12 months and are all over every VW forum and Facebook? There's nothing secret about them. They are just an LED DRL with a H7 that's in a housing to make it look like a projector. What they are is a slightly cheaper than factory parts route way to get H7s, fitted and with upgraded bulbs. Looks are a personal thing, I quite like them.

What I didn't like from those photos is that the spread from the reflectors looks uneven - but that could just be rubbish photography and poor choice of setting. The effect doesn't look dissimilar to switching from a H4 standard bulb to a H4 "150%" bulb (Osram or Phillips). Reach is further, whiter but not as bright.

What they need to show is a comparison to a Caravelle or Ocean with upgraded bulbs as that's really what they are competing against (in output terms).

Edit - oh and you've twice stated these are "VW approved" - care to explain? VW approve very little aftermarket (the likes of VB Air suspension being an example), so I'd be surprised if this is the case and haven't seen it claimed anywhere though I may well have missed it.

Last edited:
Yes as above. I was not being secretive I am just new to all this (Lights Upgrade) and do not have the knowledge until I have seen the units next week. He did mention that the beam spread was better in reality than in the photo and very much better than the originals I have. I was quoted £250 labour by VW for Bumper off Grille replacement (I have new one) so at £450 its only going to cost me £200 more for the lights fitted and new bumper put back on instead of old. Seems a no brainer?

RE your EDIT: above...

"Hi Gary, no no warranty issues at all. In fact we are currently in talks with some local VW commercial dealers about supplying them."

Andy Stretton | Transporter HQ
0116 247 8156 | transporterhq.co.uk

Last edited:
You are a man on a mission Gazelllio - i hope you will soon be a satisfied man and ready to let the kids and dogs climb all over it x