Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California next style update

On a positive note, it should send the values of 5sand 6s through the roof!!

Thing is, on paper, you just can’t justify a California. Eye wateringly expensive, not 100% reliable etc BUT, they’re just cool and look great.

All of that goes out the window if that’s what the new ones look like!

What’s Westfalia doing?
Seems an opportunity for them to do a Cali setup in a Multivan.

The hilarity of these "sneak shots" is when we used to do them it was just someone, usually me, playing with the contrast to remove detail. So, reversing the process you get:

View attachment 112034

Then adding the T7 on top, you get a 1-1 match when you align wheels and check details.
View attachment 112035

There are some minor panel changes I can spot - The rear fin is a slightly different shape, as are the lights, but there is no doubt IMHO this is a T7 LWB when you match the detail you can see in the lightened version for windows, door handles, A pillar, etc.
Stick a little two tone paint job and some decent wheels on that and it wouldn’t look TOO bad.

What’s Westfalia doing?
Seems an opportunity for them to do a Cali setup in a Multivan.
Vw don’t like sharing there vans with westfalia I think. Made them drop the crafter for MAN on the Sven and don’t let them make many jokers.
Just my view maybe wrong.

The hilarity of these "sneak shots" is when we used to do them it was just someone, usually me, playing with the contrast to remove detail. So, reversing the process you get:

View attachment 112034

Then adding the T7 on top, you get a 1-1 match when you align wheels and check details.
View attachment 112035

There are some minor panel changes I can spot - The rear fin is a slightly different shape, as are the lights, but there is no doubt IMHO this is a T7 LWB when you match the detail you can see in the lightened version for windows, door handles, A pillar, etc.
Definitely LWB. That makes it nearly 5.2m long. Not great for London on-street parking, I’m afraid.
You can also see through the rear side windows, which means rear pod kitchen (Ququq Busbox), pullout burner like the Beach, or removable pod like Maxxxcamp.
To my mind this indicates a Beach style vehicle, leaving the new Transporter as the Ocean replacement..

Last edited:
Back