Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Latest VW software Update *VW Ocean T6.1

andybeary

andybeary

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Hi

I took my van into VW today and they installed 2 software updates which apparenlty

update and fix the SOS issue, infotainment update, lane assist update and control unit update

Does anyone have more info on the updates and what it has updated?

Cheers

Hi

I took my van into VW today and they installed 2 software updates which apparenlty

update and fix the SOS issue, infotainment update, lane assist update and control unit update

Cheers
Interesting! Are you able to see if the lane assist is any better than before?

Hi

Cheers
I had mine in last week. Only the SOS and roof updates done on the worksheet they gave me.

I had mine in last week. Only the SOS and roof updates done on the worksheet they gave me.
Although only the SOS was noted on the work sheet, when your vehicle is hooked up to the mothership, it will / should update to the latest available software I.e. everything that’s available gets applied.
VW dealer do not / cannot tell you what has been applied as it is controlled by VWGmbh

Although only the SOS was noted on the work sheet, when your vehicle is hooked up to the mothership, it will / should update to the latest available software I.e. everything that’s available gets applied.
VW dealer do not / cannot tell you what has been applied as it is controlled by VWGmbh
With respect, I don’t believe this.

In the console there is a software version overview, from there each release version should be matchable to a set of release notes which list everything included (or at least the changes useful and understandable for customers).

I’ll ask my dealer and see if I can get any info.

With respect, I don’t believe this.

In the console there is a software version overview, from there each release version should be matchable to a set of release notes which list everything included (or at least the changes useful and understandable for customers).

I’ll ask my dealer and see if I can get any info.

I’d be very interested if you can get any coherent details from a dealer regarding software / firm ware functionality updates.

please report back

VW Gmbh, would be translated into VW Ltd. It's a bit big for that, and it is currently a PLC. That is VW AG :pinkbanana * End of nerdy time*

I’d be very interested if you can get any coherent details from a dealer regarding software / firm ware functionality updates.

please report back
Alrighty I’ve emailed my dealer and asked, will let you know.

Meanwhile I’m in the van still trying to figure out how to pair the key to the profile, and up pops “Software update available” on the screen!

Here’s a photo of what I have, now I think I read somewhere it just updates in the background, so will take a look later and see if it’s changed.

I would guess 22.06 is the 22nd June update for the sat nav, then 0306 is 3rd June for the rest. Therefore tomorrow maybe it’s 1007.

From these numbers should be 1 step closer to finding out exactly what’s changed.

77A87541-9B8B-4E97-B144-FA07C714DEE2.jpeg

I did indeed, was pretty much “yes we have this complaint from other customers, maybe a future software update fixes it”

:oops:
Your post :
“With respect, I don’t believe this.

I’ll ask my dealer and see if I can get any info.”

Perfectos said:

please report back

Do you believe my comments now ?

Be interesting to have a screenshot of Andys versions. Mine did an OTA update on Monday and is exactly the same as two saabs. It also did some updates just after I picked it up and connected to WE Plus.

43892B80-29D2-46FC-905C-7C90BCEF4DC9.jpeg

Be interesting to have a screenshot of Andys versions. Mine did an OTA update on Monday and is exactly the same as two saabs. It also did some updates just after I picked it up and connected to WE Plus.

View attachment 96435
But what did it update ?

i stand by my comment above .
dealers either don’t know or have specially been advised not to tell customers, this has been the same since the T5

@two-saabs doubted my comment above, with regard to lack of information relating to updates applied By VW, he has contacted the dealer but appears to have no coherent response or release notes ?

so with respect I’m calling that comment out ?

But what did it update ?

i stand by my comment above .
dealers either don’t know or have specially been advised not to tell customers, this has been the same since the T5

@two-saabs doubted my comment above, with regard to lack of information relating to updates applied By VW, he has contacted the dealer but appears to have no coherent response or release notes ?

so with respect I’m calling that comment out ?
It did say in the update list, but I never memorised it so TBH don’t know. If I recall it was not overly specific and just said “system update”.

Personally I’m waiting for a decent side assist update to see the lines better and stop pinging me to “drive in the middle”. Failing that just the ability to switch off the drive in the middle bit and keep the other side assist options. If it gets annoying you can only turn the whole option on or off which loses out on the other side assist benefits like lane straying or undertaking warnings.

Last edited:
Alrighty I’ve emailed my dealer and asked, will let you know.

Meanwhile I’m in the van still trying to figure out how to pair the key to the profile, and up pops “Software update available” on the screen!

Here’s a photo of what I have, now I think I read somewhere it just updates in the background, so will take a look later and see if it’s changed.

I would guess 22.06 is the 22nd June update for the sat nav, then 0306 is 3rd June for the rest. Therefore tomorrow maybe it’s 1007.

From these numbers should be 1 step closer to finding out exactly what’s changed.

View attachment 96256
FYI - That update software message is always there - if you click it and it takes you to an empty screen, there are no updates. Also reasonably sure those are just iteration numbers - any linking to months and dates is likely just a coincidence. With regards to release notes, I have never seen this in a car to customers (and we did not release them at Nissan - let to lots of forum conversations and speculation like this). When dealers did let a service paper slip they were in quite some trouble.

This link helps explain the update, although this is Tiguan specific.

Last edited:
system update
That is exactly what VW and TBF all vehicle manufacturers have been doing for ages.
The customer does not
a) get an option
B) get told what the upgrade is, good bad indifferent.

Dealers do not provide details, to the custome, despite some of the upgrades having effects that the owner may not want applied, such as may affect MPG, add blue usage etc etc. this reinforces what I posted previously.

@two-saabs thought / thinks he will / can extract the information from VW to allow him to understand / interpret what has / will be applied to his & other vehicle, which is simply not the case.

Edit:
release of TPI notes is highly irregular and frowned upon by the manufacturer, despite you owning the vehicle !

That is exactly what VW and TBF all vehicle manufacturers have been doing for ages.
The customer does not
a) get an option

Dealers do not provide details, to the custome, despite some of the upgrades having effects that the owner may not want applied, such as may affect MPG, add blue usage etc etc. this reinforces what I posted previously.

@two-saabs thought / thinks he will / can extract the information from VW to allow him to understand / interpret what has / will be applied to his & other vehicle, which is simply not the case.

Edit:
release of TPI notes is highly irregular and frowned upon by the manufacturer, despite you owning the vehicle !
Agree on many counts although personally I’m always happy with the latest updates.

I don’t think @two-saabs is being nefarious, maybe just a little optimistic as to what the dealer can/is allowed to add.

Agree on many counts although personally I’m always happy with the latest updates.

I don’t think @two-saabs is being nefarious, maybe just a little optimistic as to what the dealer can/is allowed to add.
My comments were based on experience, but when someone calls out that experience as BS (respectfully) I naturally ask for further insight as to why one individual can (thinks he can ) extract information from an organisation that is not openly available, I have to call it out as BS.

nefarious maybe not, naive yes, arrogant definitely

The customer does not
a) get an option
My last vehicle was a Polestar 2. Polestar (and presumably their cousin Volvo) give a list of the changes in the update, you have the option of whether or not to update. Tesla also.

My last vehicle was a Polestar 2. Polestar (and presumably their cousin Volvo) give a list of the changes in the update, you have the option of whether or not to update. Tesla also.
Tesla gives option of which updates to take & explantion of any changes. Alot of changes are made as a result of user feedback which is good. All done easily over the air so no need to make an appointment. Time for VW to move with the times!

Your post :
“With respect, I don’t believe this.

I’ll ask my dealer and see if I can get any info.”

Perfectos said:

please report back

Do you believe my comments now ?
I believe you, I don’t believe the dealer cannot know what’s in a software release

My comments were based on experience, but when someone calls out that experience as BS (respectfully) I naturally ask for further insight as to why one individual can (thinks he can ) extract information from an organisation that is not openly available, I have to call it out as BS.

nefarious maybe not, naive yes, arrogant definitely
Chill out bud, see previous comment, why get so arsey about this? Not my fault a dealer does or does not do something

Jesus Christ I’ve been away for this forum because of all the wasted energy on this kind of sh*t, think I’ll just call it a day and leave you all to it

Chill out bud, see previous comment, why get so arsey about this? Not my fault a dealer does or does not do something

Jesus Christ I’ve been away for this forum because of all the wasted energy on this kind of sh*t, think I’ll just call it a day and leave you all to it
Perfectly chilled here
i referred to your previous comments you chose to make in response to a factual post:

”With respect I don’t believe this “ is that being initially arsey, particularly as it was aimed in direct response to a factual post.

or backing up the above with “I’ll ask my dealer and see if I can get any info”. Because you don’t believe the fact !

It is a fact that you could not and did not get any info from your dealer, because the statement I made was correct?

when asked if you had got any coherent response from the dealer you post “ I did indeed, was pretty much “yes we have this complaint from other customers, maybe a future software update fixes it” !!!!!

nah don’t think it was me being arsey to begin with, I just can’t stand that type of BS you exhibited that’s why I called it out, but you know that right ?

Perfectly chilled here
i referred to your previous comments you chose to make in response to a factual post:

”With respect I don’t believe this “ is that being initially arsey, particularly as it was aimed in direct response to a factual post.

or backing up the above with “I’ll ask my dealer and see if I can get any info”. Because you don’t believe the fact !

It is a fact that you could not and did not get any info from your dealer, because the statement I made was correct?

when asked if you had got any coherent response from the dealer you post “ I did indeed, was pretty much “yes we have this complaint from other customers, maybe a future software update fixes it” !!!!!

nah don’t think it was me being arsey to begin with, I just can’t stand that type of BS you exhibited that’s why I called it out, but you know that right ?
Re-read from the beginning: I don't believe that a dealer has no way of knowing what is included in a software update in their own vehicles.

I never said I don't believe you.

You took my comment personal, called me naive and arrogant, said I'm full of sh*t, then claim you're not being arsey?

I won't tolerate this type of behaviour. You made what should have just been a helpful action (to try and find out what's included in a software release) into some miserable negative fight. Nice one.

Re-read from the beginning: I don't believe that a dealer has no way of knowing what is included in a software update in their own vehicles.

I never said I don't believe you.

You took my comment personal, called me naive and arrogant, said I'm full of sh*t, then claim you're not being arsey?

I won't tolerate this type of behaviour. You made what should have just been a helpful action (to try and find out what's included in a software release) into some miserable negative fight. Nice one.
Ask your dealer ?

you made the thread arsey, I called your behaviour out, which you don’t like.

“full of Sh*t“ your words not mine

im happy for you to prove me wrong for the good of the forum members, if your dealer will / can provide you with update details so you can post them publicly

Last edited:
Back