Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Latest VW software Update *VW Ocean T6.1

From my many visits to the dealers & numerous updates, my understanding is that they don’t really have a clue as to what each update does other than where they have been told that certain problems need the software updating.

Ie if your roof locks out when sagging you need a newer version than June 2021

If your sat nav curser is off the bottom of the screen you need newer than March 2022 etc

A competent technician that has been there a while would have a good idea from that what each update did.
The only one that I am aware of that the users/ owners have been advised of changes were to do with the data sharing between the van and we-connect due to privacy issues.

Ask your dealer ?

you made the thread arsey, I called your behaviour out, which you don’t like.

“full of Sh*t“ your words not mine

im happy for you to prove me wrong for the good of the forum members, if your dealer will / can provide you with update details so you can post them publicly
Can’t be bothered mate ffs, go argue with someone else

Chill out bud, see previous comment, why get so arsey about this? Not my fault a dealer does or does not do something

Jesus Christ I’ve been away for this forum because of all the wasted energy on this kind of sh*t, think I’ll just call it a day and leave you all to it
Well I've quite enjoyed following this thread, despite not really having a clue what it's about. It seems a bit like Eastenders to me.

I have a 2021 T6.1 California Ocean 150ps. It has been serviced by an independent garage as the local VW dealer is "less than ideal". In terms of servicing I am happy with this, but I don't think that the independent garage can do the "software updates". So my question is does the Cali do them on its own using the inbuilt wifi or have I got to go to a VW dealer to have this checked? I've attached a copy of my latest system information.

IMG_6987.jpeg

I have a 2021 T6.1 California Ocean 150ps. It has been serviced by an independent garage as the local VW dealer is "less than ideal". In terms of servicing I am happy with this, but I don't think that the independent garage can do the "software updates". So my question is does the Cali do them on its own using the inbuilt wifi or have I got to go to a VW dealer to have this checked? I've attached a copy of my latest system information.

View attachment 109052
I think the infotainment system will update OTA. The other bits and pieces I think need to be done at a dealer.

When I booked my van in for service they told me an ecu update was due

Back