Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Ocean Roof fall in elevation, and imbalance when closing.

R

RonJue

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
The roof on our Cali Ocean (T6 2020) starts to lose height on the drivers side, after 2 to 3 days elevated. I attach photos internally, showing fully elevated and loss of elevation on the drivers side, and external photos when bringing the roof down. Does anyone else have a similar issue?
To fully elevate the roof once it has fallen, I have to turn on the ignition and slightly close before it will allow me to fully elevate again. After 2 of 3 days it gradually falls again. Comments welcome please.

P.S. I am at VW Commercial right now for service & MOT, and their views is that this is within tolerance?

IMG_3726.jpeg

IMG_3722.jpeg

IMG_3869.jpeg

IMG_3868.jpeg

Yes it’s fairy standard. The roof tries to keep elevated but for us after about 4 days (3 days when hot) the roof sags and the reading lights don’t turn on. The manual tells you to lower the roof and raise it again every couple of days. You do need to partly lower to get it back up again, but we take it all the way closed, and then open to ensure the rams are fully lubricated on the inner bores.

Most roofs closed slightly wonkily. A couple of inches differences isn’t unusual. The only issue arises when closing the roof on uneven ground, and one side can stay slightly open. If that happens, get on horizontal ground, fully open the roof and then close it. Happened twice so far to us.