Roof closing problem

S

Scootinthesmoke11

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
Hi
We have a VW California T6 registered October 2019
I am having issues with the passenger side of the elevating roof closing slower than the drivers side.
This started a few weeks ago when the roof jammed opened about 6 inches on passenger side Put it back up and closed slowly and it closed ok albeit about 6 inches slower on passenger side.
Took it the dealer that we bought it new from and they tested but said that it was within tolerance levels and that we should monitor. Not happy with this as its not right and warranty ends October so intend to argue.

However another issue is that when we took it in to dealers they had checked with their Technical Department who had advised that rubber blocks on struts were not standard and asked if we had fitted them as they would affect the warranty. We hadn't and why would we to a new vehicle under warranty.
Has anyone got any photos of their roof struts for a California T6 of this age to see if anyone else has these rubber blocks.
Appreciate difficult to see in these photos but they have now been removed by VW. Rubber mounts were on forward part of rear struts.

Thanks for your help.

VW roof .png

IMG_3611.jpg

I am camped at the moment. Just checked. Nothing like that at all on the struts. Just metal so far as I can see. Late 2018 T6.

Strikes me as something that might be put in by the part’s manufacturer and removed before fitting to the van, which someone forgot to do.

Thanks for your comment. Good point about the parts manufacturer makes a lot of sense. I will take it up with the dealer.
Enjoy your trip.
Thanks.