Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California roof repair

R

R1nutty

Hi all. I have a 2012 beach.
Vw have just given me confirmation they will carry out corrosion repair work to the roof and I will be contacted by 'heritage' will be in contact with me next.
Does anyone know what sort of waiting time I can expect for these repairs? And also do you know if they replace the bellows at the same time? Mine have holes in them so would be great if they did.
Many thanks - tom

Normally the bellows is replaced. Could take upto 2 years at the rate VW is going. If you do not require a California courtesy vehicle could be quicker.

Wow!!! 2 years!!! Vw down here in cornwall told me 6 months.

Have you read the threads on the forum regarding Roof Corrosion.?

Maybe I should!! Lol
Thanks for the reply mate
Will have a look now

Just over 12 months ago I arrived home from holiday to find a voice on my answering machine asking me to call VW Newcastle. When I did they said there had been a slot for my roof repair but this had now been filled and they would contact me shortly. Never heard from them again.
Earlier this year I contacted VW customer services and they said I was 236th on the list and would probably have to wait a couple of years.
Last week I had a call from VW Staffordshire (I think) who asked me if they could pick up my Cali for the roof repair. As I am going on holiday for four weeks in September I had to decline. They said they'll contact me again in October. Watch this space but don't hold your breath.
Have Fun
Bob Kirk

I spoke to VWCC just last week, as mine has been waiting over a year, and was told it will still be months before I get a call.
They will have to take it back to Bristol to do it, even though I'm in the east midlands, but won't take to Cannock which is much nearer!

Hi all. I have a 2012 beach.
Vw have just given me confirmation they will carry out corrosion repair work to the roof and I will be contacted by 'heritage' will be in contact with me next.
Does anyone know what sort of waiting time I can expect for these repairs? And also do you know if they replace the bellows at the same time? Mine have holes in them so would be great if they did.
Many thanks - tom

Back