Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California t5 2009 with a factory kitchen

No it came with the roof from the factory this is a list of everything it came with out of the factory

No it came with the roof from the factory this is a list of everything it came with out of the factory
the Aux heating is the one used when in camp right? I have a 4 month and need to make sure he stays warm or my wife will burn me as fuel

the Aux heating is the one used when in camp right? I have a 4 month and need to make sure he stays warm or my wife will burn me as fuel
The VW California ( Beach or Full Camper) can have 2 diesel powered heaters. One helps to warm the engine when outside temperature below 5c and is automatic, and the other is the Diesel Parking Heater that works on its own to warm the interior.
It looks like someone bought a Beach, realised they wanted a Full Camper and so fitted the VW kitchen etc.
If it has the Auxiliary Parking heater then it seems like a good find.
Like the VW Coast, full camper with manual roof.

The VW California ( Beach or Full Camper) can have 2 diesel powered heaters. One helps to warm the engine when outside temperature below 5c and is automatic, and the other is the Diesel Parking Heater that works on its own to warm the interior.
It looks like someone bought a Beach, realised they wanted a Full Camper and so fitted the VW kitchen etc.
If it has the Auxiliary Parking heater then it seems like a good find.
Like the VW Coast, full camper with manual roof.
Thanks for the info. Yes that would be logical. I will check with an official dealer for damage and will buy it.

THANK YOU for all of your help. I cant wait to post in the introduction once the van is home

The gantleman told the heater have a remote as well.

Now I will have to find a checklist to go trough when signing the deal and I am all set. So exited!!!

Thanks for the info. Yes that would be logical. I will check with an official dealer for damage and will buy it.

THANK YOU for all of your help. I cant wait to post in the introduction once the van is home

Now I will have to find a checklist to go trough when signing the deal and I am all set. So exited!!!
There are Checklists in the Resources section but access is restricted to paid up VIP members.

This might help.

Looks very similar to ours, a 2009 LHD 2.5 130 Beach (2 seat). Ours doesn’t have an SE kitchen or parking heater but has a kitchen pod so is pretty much a Coast bar the heater (which we might have fitted). It also has full climate control front and rear. It did originally have the same stripes as yours but in orange (thankfully removed IMHO!). Here she is yesterday. Look forward to hearing more about your new Cali!

C3ABE2BC-2668-4868-8960-464CE6B139B1.jpeg

Looks very similar to ours, a 2009 LHD 2.5 130 Beach (2 seat). Ours doesn’t have an SE kitchen or parking heater but has a kitchen pod so is pretty much a Coast bar the heater (which we might have fitted). It also has full climate control front and rear. It did originally have the same stripes as yours but in orange (thankfully removed IMHO!). Here she is yesterday. Look forward to hearing more about your new Cali!

View attachment 75889
Looks great! Will definitely post it is a dream come true... We are talking about getting one way too long and although the investment is quite substantial I cant wait to throw my money on the seller and drive it home Yours look really nice and clean. How is the engine and mechanical part of the van? I heard horror stories as well as near religious claims. I think it is abou maintanance so hopefully that will be true. Anyway enough of worries. Cant wait to teach my son climb in the dolomites with the cali as our home base...

Btw I like the stripes Thankfully they are not orange!

Hi Alooohaa,

the aux heater code suggests it is the coolant engine heater “9M5” (heats the engine coolant to shorten the engine warm up time when driving)

If this is a deal breaker, not to have the parking heater, I would specifically investigate this with the owner and satisfy yourself as to which heater it has.

edit :

Hi Alooohaa,

the aux heater code suggests it is the coolant engine heater “9M5” (heats the engine coolant to shorten the engine warm up time when driving)

If this is a deal breaker, not to have the parking heater, I would specifically investigate this with the owner and satisfy yourself as to which heater it has.

edit :
Hello Perfectos

There is an aftermarket heater with a remote installed as per the seller. I will test it out before payment. In case there will be doubt or it wont work I guess I will try to negotiate the price so I can buy a webasto...

Hello Perfectos

There is an aftermarket heater with a remote installed as per the seller. I will test it out before payment. In case there will be doubt or it wont work I guess I will try to negotiate the price so I can buy a webasto...
Good to hear, I wouldn’t want you to be chopped up by your wife to keep the baby warm ! :thumb

So I just recieved the picture for the heater fridge control. Anybody familiar with it?

IMG_20210328_134326.jpg

Looks great! Will definitely post it is a dream come true... We are talking about getting one way too long and although the investment is quite substantial I cant wait to throw my money on the seller and drive it home Yours look really nice and clean. How is the engine and mechanical part of the van? I heard horror stories as well as near religious claims. I think it is abou maintanance so hopefully that will be true. Anyway enough of worries. Cant wait to teach my son climb in the dolomites with the cali as our home base...

Btw I like the stripes Thankfully they are not orange!

We’ve only had this one since August. With covid it hasn’t been far with us yet. It’s done 112K miles and been very well maintained. It needed a new leisure battery and N75 (moo) value, which the dealer covered. I recently noticed it was low on power steering fluid. Upon inspection, the rack end is leaking. Told the warranty company who immediately approved a new steering rack, so getting this organised. Fair play to the dealer I bought it from, they clearly use a decent warranty company. I think one thing to check with this engine is oil in the power steering fluid reservoir, which is a big job to fix (mine didn’t have this problem).

We’ve only had this one since August. With covid it hasn’t been far with us yet. It’s done 112K miles and been very well maintained. It needed a new leisure battery and N75 (moo) value, which the dealer covered. I recently noticed it was low on power steering fluid. Upon inspection, the rack end is leaking. Told the warranty company who immediately approved a new steering rack, so getting this organised. Fair play to the dealer I bought it from, they clearly use a decent warranty company. I think one thing to check with this engine is oil in the power steering fluid reservoir, which is a big job to fix (mine didn’t have this problem).
Well, there is no such thing as warranty companies in my country. So we buy, hope, and pay...
OK good to hear it's working fine and have only minor issues which is honestly acceptable for a car 10+ years old. If it won't leave me next to the road I am happy...

Well, there is no such thing as warranty companies in my country. So we buy, hope, and pay...
OK good to hear it's working fine and have only minor issues which is honestly acceptable for a car 10+ years old. If it won't leave me next to the road I am happy...
From your last pictures it looks like you have a Control panel showing Leisure battery state and the Webasto Parking heater.
One question, does it have the external Electric Mains Hookup socket and a Mains charger for the Batteries?

Ignore the westfalia stickers, it looks like a proper Vw California
although you say its 2009

Those side stripes are a Cali thing but i thought only on the early
years.
I didn't think the Beach/Ocean categories were introduced until much later? The inside is absolutely identical to my 2008 California. Was it maybe a special order, or a subsequent refinished exterior?

I didn't think the Beach/Ocean categories were introduced until much later? The inside is absolutely identical to my 2008 California. Was it maybe a special order, or a subsequent refinished exterior?

The Beach was introduced in continental Europe with the T5. The UK had to wait until T5.1 for the Beach.

From your last pictures it looks like you have a Control panel showing Leisure battery state and the Webasto Parking heater.
One question, does it have the external Electric Mains Hookup socket and a Mains charger for the Batteries?
Yes it have an external hookup. 2x leisure batteries and the car battery. Mains charger I am not sure. I will be able to check it how? I plug it in (through external) and check the screen?

Yes it have an external hookup. 2x leisure batteries and the car battery. Mains charger I am not sure. I will be able to check it how? I plug it in (through external) and check the screen?
Yes, if the screen is showing the Leisure Batteries voltage then the voltage should rise as the charger kicks in. I would have thought it would have a charger as whoever outfitted the vehicle seems to have done a good job.

Yes, if the screen is showing the Leisure Batteries voltage then the voltage should rise as the charger kicks in. I would have thought it would have a charger as whoever outfitted the vehicle seems to have done a good job.
Yep looks like it is decent. But will add this to my checklist before buying... It is quite extensive already Now I am trying to find technical drawings for the water and Gas system as I want to check them. Than will need to find somebody who can check the Gas to make sure it is sealed as should be. Also thinking of getting some senzor for gas or something

Yep looks like it is decent. But will add this to my checklist before buying... It is quite extensive already Now I am trying to find technical drawings for the water and Gas system as I want to check them. Than will need to find somebody who can check the Gas to make sure it is sealed as should be. Also thinking of getting some senzor for gas or something
This should help.

Attachments

• t5_tech-manual.pdf
    5.3 MB · Views: 19
WelsGas, Andrew, Westfalia, Calicev, Elmo3, Perfectos, 2into1

Thank you all for your help. Thanks to you I feel much more confident going into this deal. You guys are supportive and helpful to a total stranger which is great. (For me as the stranger especially :)
I am looking forward to our future conversations maybe even me being able to help out somewhere.

Hello
I am about to buy a t5 california from 2009 beach trim. It have the full kitchen sing fridge etc setup. Looks like factory... Is it possible? What should I check? I have the service book with a long code (I guess some factory id ... vin as well) It have all the made by westfalia stickers and feels like the one from a rental cali I used last year... Could somebody help me pls? I know nothing about these cars but really want one
Owner is super helpful willi g to get it to any service I want etc... car feels and drives well and looks good as well ..
The price would be a giveaway

Hello Folks,

Thought I will give you an update. So I went to VW today to check the car before taking it home.
And my dreams are halted... I am quite sad BUT at least I have my money... Bottom line the engine had several leaks and I quote "was cooked" have no idea what it means... recommendation from the service: Don't buy it...

So here I am looking for a T5 California in Europe if you have seen any with a reasonable price tag let me know...

Back