Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Wind Breaks

I like them too, especially if you can get a near match for the colour of your van.

For the record, I dont like tacky things and I dont go to festivals !!!

I don't know how you can say there cheap and tacky without seeing them. Give nick a chance he is a nice bloke and does a lot for people on here if its anything like his cali toppers it will be well made.

I like them too, especially if you can get a near match for the colour of your van.

For the record, I dont like tacky things and I dont go to festivals !!!

I was thinking exactly the same. They would look great to match your van. Do we know how much they will be?

what sort of material is used? I probably would not choose red myself but some of the other colours look good

I quite like these, I was looking at wind breaks just the other day and most are very boring and aimed towards caravanners or people on the beach. These look a bit more fun, especially with the California branding on them.

Tacky? - I dont think so, especially if they are made by Comfortz

Cheap? - We don't know the price yet but i doubt it

I would buy one if the price and dimensions are right

I personally do not like the look. I sure many owners will love the look.

Think I know where Paul (Rippers) was coming from... definitely look like they would go with Splits or Bays and the whole "scene" aspect with them.

Very much the sea side wind break style of old, particularly with the wooden poles. (broom handle style as per the traditional ones - tend to go for around £15 or upto £29 with the metal bound tops and spikes, probably less for a 4 poles version like these)

If you want fun, take a look at Devon Daisy, O'Connors Campers or Happy Campers

Now if it was carbon fibre poles that nest inside each other or aluminium poles that pack down... a much more interesting prospect. (I've got a Vango 5 section one with ally poles, with the SD logo... think it cost me £25)

Personally not so keen on these though.

Oh.. and I'm known for liking kitsch and do several festivals every year, predominantly in the bay. (yes, I guess I'm tacky... :) )

Each to their own.

Last edited:
A silver one would be good?

That red colour would look great next to a salsa red Cali, I think calling them tacky is a bit harsh tbh. I quite like them, colourful and different

Sounds like a bit of cali snobbery we can't all afford brandrup stuff.
Its nice to see something different. Well done comfortz

LOL at the reactions for giving honest feedback.. why ask other wise??.. theres no way they have VW licensing so they are 'knock offs' regardless of what you guys say.. I go regularly go to VW shows and you can find stalls and stalls of this kind of stuff and Its what I dislike about the VW scene the most sticking VW logos on anything you can find trying to make a buck.

Its not personal to comfortz either, I am a huge fan of their stuff but this is a little low rent in my opinion compared to their current range..

as per my original post it wasn't meant to offend just giving my opinion

On a public forum there are so many types of people there's no way everyone has the same idea's or taste , if it has been said in a normal decent way ( like in my opinion this is the case ) why not...
I personal don't fancy the item but it could well be a perfect add to some of you others.
Straight forward is the only way....;)

The breaks themselves are a good idea so to be more constructive I would have preferred to see the VW logos binned and I would like to see plain colours with an edition type stripe along the bottom with California on it. That would be in keeping, more factory looking and no copyright infringements

I find that windbreaks generally don't work for me. As soon as I put them up the wind changes and blows the other way. They sometimes cause the wind to swirl, we had them out around the camp fire last on the last day of the season at Shell Island last year and the smoke was going everywhere and choking us. When we took the windbreaks down the smoke just blew away from us. Easier to sit in the lee of the van, or go inside if the wind is that bad :D

For feedback, if I did want one, it would be the restrained graduated grey one. I would also prefer poles that could fold small rather than the broomstick type which take up a lot of room.

Did anything happen regarding a decision on this ?

Nick possibly read this post and thought twice about making them, I will chase it up though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave it with me, I will drop Nick an email.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk