Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Calinomics

This is great. Do you bring a portable toilet or wee in a quiet corner? The weeing is a key factor in convincing my wife to do stealth camping.
We have a portable toilet yes. Even on a campsite, we’d use our onboard toilet at night rather than waking everyone up opening and closing the door and having to treck to the toilet block in the dark, cold and wet. It’s a godsend.

Airport parking regulations include “no overnight sleep” iirc so that rules out pulling the roof.
Similarly parking at motorways rest areas in the uk.
So you’d have to find a suitable overnight parking.

I found France motorway aires perfect instead
Which motorway services are these. I know of a few that have dedicated areas for motorhomes/ campervans. You pay a parking charge if staying longer than 3 hrs.

Which motorway services are these. I know of a few that have dedicated areas for motorhomes/ campervans. You pay a parking charge if staying longer than 3 hrs.
right, you may stay but pay for parking. I will check the overnight stay cost next time

right, you may stay but pay for parking. I will check the overnight stay cost next time

Caravan and motorhome parking tickets (3-24 hours) cost £23, including a £5 voucher to spend in our Farmshop & Kitchen. We are unable to take advance bookings for caravan and motorhome spaces. Facilities include free, clean showers in our main building and 24-hour Filling Station. Please note there is no water, waste disposal or electric hook-up for caravans and motorhomes.

Caravan and motorhome parking tickets (3-24 hours) cost £23, including a £5 voucher to spend in our Farmshop & Kitchen. We are unable to take advance bookings for caravan and motorhome spaces. Facilities include free, clean showers in our main building and 24-hour Filling Station. Please note there is no water, waste disposal or electric hook-up for caravans and motorhomes.
Actually I've visited there briefly some years back on my way from the Cotswolds to the Midlands. It's lovey and rural outside, with, if memory serves, a duck pond and play area for children.

We bought some locally-produced cider, but the prices were a little eye-watering as I recall. This was pre Covid and I don't suppose they've reduced any since then - that £5 voucher won't go far!

Actually I've visited there briefly some years back on my way from the Cotswolds to the Midlands. It's lovey and rural outside, with, if memory serves, a duck pond and play area for children.

We bought some locally-produced cider, but the prices were a little eye-watering as I recall. This was pre Covid and I don't suppose they've reduced any since then - that £5 voucher won't go far!
Tebay on M6, run by same company has the same arrangements

This is my local M5 services.

I walk about gawping at the eye-watering prices, then retire to the Cali for a free cup of tea.

Tebay on M6, run by same company has the same arrangements
I didn't know this, but it makes perfect sense as we always try to stop there for lunch on the way to visit my Mother in the Lake District. It's beautiful nd they also have a duck pond you can see from one of the restaurants. The focaccia from the farm shop there is wonderful, though as others have commented, not at all cheap!

Back