Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cambelt needs replacing after 40k miles???

Some vehicles have a life span of 10 years on the cam belt..VW say 4 years..You have to ask yourself is it that VW use cambelts made with inferior materials..No of coarse not All cambelts of branded quality are made exactly the same..What cambelt manufacturer would want to risk mass failures of their product? It’s the same as having your vehicle serviced Every year regardless of the miles done. Whether 20 miles or 20,000....Really its your choice but it’s very unlikely that a cambelt will fail after 4 years and low miles but there are always the exceptions. We know that VW are not exactly squeaky clean when it comes to telling us the truth..
There was a recall recently on a faulty batch of cambelts.

I had one fail on a car some years ago, Cars were replaced every 2 years and from memory it was about 18 months old at the time.

All cambelts of branded quality are made exactly the same..What cambelt manufacturer would want to risk mass failures of their product?
Just a reminder that VW had a recall of some T6 cambelts by a specific supplier which were defective and could fail prematurely. It was a single supplier and VW contacted the owners and changed the belt free of charge. Any van affected will have a recall order on file.

Had the cam belt snap on my t5 work van a few years ago. It happened 1 week before the van was booked in to have the belt replaced. My advice after what I went through get it done
More info on this would be really helpful, because now VWCV UK. is involved. How many miles, how many years, was it to be the first cam belt change? Thanks!

Back