Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Camp Bestival Tips

Yes it was a bit gutting, as we booked in 2019 and obviously last year was cancelled. Both kids were fine, but both myself and my wife subsequently got covid and been pretty rough with it, so in hindsight lucky that we discovered when we did, otherwise we'd have had got there just to have a 7hr drive home.

Ticketmaster have said that we can roll forward, but no other details than that yet.
When we rolled forward to 2021, I nearly upgraded to the kids garden campervan field for an extra 200 quid. Really glad I didn’t: the walk through general camping, up and down the hills to the event arena was part of the experience. The kids’ garden Campervan field looks a poorer location to me - noisy, low-lying (floods?) and would probably have meant the kids got less exercise, and much more expensive sugar snacks!

When we rolled forward to 2021, I nearly upgraded to the kids garden campervan field for an extra 200 quid. Really glad I didn’t: the walk through general camping, up and down the hills to the event arena was part of the experience. The kids’ garden Campervan field looks a poorer location to me - noisy, low-lying (floods?) and would probably have meant the kids got less exercise, and much more expensive sugar snacks!
For the benefit of @Aubisque I’ll rephrase the above in a chilled out and positive manner: the general campervan field was an excellent, well-drained location with spacious, partly flat pitches, lovely people, and camaraderie, in the face of adverse sanitary conditions. What’s more, it was one third of the price of Front row and kids garden campervan fields.

The toilets were indeed shocking. I took my portapotti so we were fine at night and we often popped back in the afternoon. Which campsite were you on? We were at yellow - only 15 mins walk and very quiet. I am thinking of booking the front row camper or kids garden next year. I loved the festival - my first time
We were on general campervan camping field, just beyond yellow general camping. I assume the same site as you, unless you were in a tent?
I am very jealous of your portapotti situation, but we did manage to adjust our ‘movements’ after a day, to visit the Wateraid charity toilet and thoroughly get our money’s worth! It was a double win, as Wateraid is a favourite charity to us, and their volunteers also demonstrated to everybody that a correctly designed compost toilet does not need to be a health hazard.

Back