Camper Jam 23 - Date for your diary

Mr T

Mr T

Chris
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 600
I have been in touch with the Camper Jam team and have requested a VW Cali Club camping pitch again for next year.
Tickets aren’t on sale yet, but a date for your diary 7th - 9th July 2023.
Will let you know when tickets are available, bear in mind they sell out fast!

Thanks for the update Chris. What happens from here onwards? Will there be a club area allocated? I see ref to "club camping" and "the list" on their web site but can't find any list who will book this if planned/needed? You? Me? Someone else, or are we auto listed when tickets go on sale next week?

Edit alert!!
Brain fade!! Just seen earlier post from Mr T. (On the case as usual)
Thanks Chris.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update Chris. What happens from here onwards? Will there be a club area allocated? I see ref to "club camping" and "the list" on their web site but can't find any list who will book this if planned/needed? You? Me? Someone else, or are we auto listed when tickets go on sale next week?

Edit alert!!
Brain fade!! Just seen earlier post from Mr T. (On the case as usual)
Thanks Chris.
Maybe you should replace (ish!) with (not)……..

Would like to do this event. Is it possible to arrive on Saturday and camp if you have a weekend ticket? I can’t guarantee what time I’d finish work on the Friday this far in advance and unable to book as a holiday.

Would like to do this event. Is it possible to arrive on Saturday and camp if you have a weekend ticket? I can’t guarantee what time I’d finish work on the Friday this far in advance and unable to book as a holiday.
Hi Lizzibeth,

there would be no reason Why you could not arrive on Saturday, however the event is very big and attracts a massive Van camping fraternity.
the camping fields get rammed very quickly after tge doors open.
you would have to take your chances on where you camped (within the allocated section you choose when booking) unless you went for A Cali Club pitch in which case you would have an allocated pitch space All to yourself.
Hope that helps

don’t let the fact that open camping gets really busy put you off going, it’s a really great event.

Hi Lizzibeth,

there would be no reason Why you could not arrive on Saturday, however the event is very big and attracts a massive Van camping fraternity.
the camping fields get rammed very quickly after tge doors open.
you would have to take your chances on where you camped (within the allocated section you choose when booking) unless you went for A Cali Club pitch in which case you would have an allocated pitch space All to yourself.
Hope that helps

don’t let the fact that open camping gets really busy put you off going, it’s a really great event.
Thank you. Don’t mind it being a big event as I’ve been to festivals. I’d probably rather go in the club section anyway. If work works out I’d travel on the Friday but wanted to make sure if I couldn’t.

Also I’d like to do it to meet other people and it’s not to far from family.

Looks like there will be an option to book for Thursday night:

This year, we're excited to announce we'll be adding an option for an extra night in the fields of Camper Jam! Thursday arrival can be added on to your ticket purchases, allowing you early entry to the show. Thursday will be a laid back afternoon with some fantastic evening entertainment before the full show starts on Friday

Might help avoid the Friday queues, just don’t tell everyone!

Looks like there will be an option to book for Thursday night:

This year, we're excited to announce we'll be adding an option for an extra night in the fields of Camper Jam! Thursday arrival can be added on to your ticket purchases, allowing you early entry to the show. Thursday will be a laid back afternoon with some fantastic evening entertainment before the full show starts on Friday

Might help avoid the Friday queues, just don’t tell everyone!
Hello Chris. Marcus here. We had a great time with the other members at Busfest so tomorrow how do we book tickets to be within our group ?

Hello Chris. Marcus here. We had a great time with the other members at Busfest so tomorrow how do we book tickets to be within our group ?
Hi Marcus, should be fairly obvious once the website is live. You will have a choice of areas to camp, “Home is where you park it” “Family Camping” “Club Camping” choose club camping and then you should find “VW Cali Club” in the list of clubs. Much like Busfest you have to book a vehicle pass and then the number of adult tickets you want.

Once the site is live tomorrow I can stick up some screen shots for anyone that needs some pointers :thumb

Just booked - it's our first ever Camper event as we haven't even got the Cali yet....but just found out today that it's awaiting shipment :thumb

Looking forward to meeting you all - I briefly met a few this year when we were Day Visitors. Looked a great show and loved the fact there's specific VWCC parking.

Just booked - it's our first ever Camper event as we haven't even got the Cali yet....but just found out today that it's awaiting shipment :thumb

Looking forward to meeting you all - I briefly met a few this year when we were Day Visitors. Looked a great show and loved the fact there's specific VWCC parking.
Hi Phil. We look forward to meeting you. We will be there Marcus and Anne

Our first Cali arrives in about a week and we are excited to be able to start booking our weekends away.

This feels like a must

Really looking forward to the event and meeting many members.

Nice! Last summer we couldn't be there, but luckily we were able to go to the French VW bus meeting in August. We've been to Camper Jam 3 times already and it was great every time. A very well organized super large meeting. I still have to check but I think (hope) that next summer we can be there.
Greetings
Calibusje

Back