Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Campervanning in Alpe D'Huez , January snowboardin trip

BMVS-Camper-Hire

BMVS-Camper-Hire

Camperhire
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Under three weeks before myself, brother and my eldest son go tp ADH for four days in a California. We are taking silver screens, vanorak, snow tyres and a small plug in radiator. We will be staying at the hard standing at Les Bergers, which is approx 10 euro per night with hook up. The ski pass includes leisure facilities so we can shower etc there.

Anyone camped here before? Ive been to ADH loads, and stayed at the site at the base of the mountain, in the summer, but never camped at the top.

:thumb

Re: Campervanning in Alpe Du Huez , January snowboardin trip

Ho Oli not been but just looked on Google Maps & looks like an interesting road up to the top !! Loads of switchbacks, deffinately will give your cali a workout !! Have a good trip.

Yes it's a great road, part of the Tour. I've done most of it on a mountain bike and it was hard work!

All packed and ready for a 4am leave. Have a vanorak and silverscreens. Will post photos and do a full write up, when I get back. Keep an eye on our facebook page for photo updates. There is lots of snow forecast!

Really interested in how you get / got on. Would like to do this one year. Off to Val Thorens this year but flying :cry:

BMVS-Camper-Hire said:
All packed and ready for a 4am leave. Have a Vanarak and silverscreens. Will post photos and do a full write up, when I get back. Keep an eye on our facebook page for photo updates. There is lots of snow forecast!

Say hi to Adam and Gareth at l'Underground bar from Polzeath Matt! And Busty. And the rest of the gang!

Ive been and come back now, back in December :thumb

BMVS-Camper-Hire said:
All packed and ready for a 4am leave. Have a Vanarak and silverscreens. Will post photos and do a full write up, when I get back. Keep an eye on our facebook page for photo updates. There is lots of snow forecast!

How did it go..we are off to Le Grand Bornand in a couple of weeks in the Cali so if you have any useful tips then let me know especially drying clothes.

Sorry guys as much as I love my Cali there's no way I'm doing a ski trip in it unless it involves a nice lodge/ chalet or a little hotel with a bar and sauna and room to move about in comfort ... Lol :)

choplee said:
Sorry guys as much as I love my Cali there's no way I'm doing a ski trip in it unless it involves a nice lodge/ chalet or a little hotel with a bar and sauna and room to move about in comfort ... Lol :)

I share your desire for creature comforts whilst skiing however we wanted to give it a try..campsite we are staying has bar, restaurant and pool so almost there, just lacking the space but we don't intend to be in the van that much.

Calimark said:
choplee said:

I share your desire for creature comforts whilst skiing however we wanted to give it a try..campsite we are staying has bar, restaurant and pool so almost there, just lacking the space but we don't intend to be in the van that much.

Sorry still not quite the same unless there's a tunnel going to the shower toilet restaurant and boot room for that ski in ski out experience and walk around in my t-shirt ...lol

I'm going again in March and staying in an apartment!

I will do a full review of my ski-camping including pictures etc one day this week. Got some good tips for those camping in -20 :thumb

Drove there before and stayed in an apartment. Enjoyed it until I did my knee in on the last run of the last day in a Blizzard lol

All the pictures are now on our Facebook page :thumb