Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Camping Gaz connectors

Phil Hall

Phil Hall

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Just got our 2013 California a week ago and am gradually getting to know how all the bits work and at the same time finding out if we have everything. I have seen posts on the gas fittings reference what should come with the van. The regulator is there but the safety valve knob bit that fits on the Camping Gaz bottle is not. I have taken this up with the dealer who is looking into this for me.
However, I have seen a particular post where a member has recommended, and stated, the VW part number for the valve and points out that it is the only one that does not leak and recommends not buying one from a camping shop. Help - I cannot find these posts relating to this topic.
Too eager to get this sorted, I did go and buy one from a very local camping shop (well, it was convenient) and guess what? The member whose post I cannot find - was absolutely right, it does leak very slightly.

Any comments / help will be gratefully received - thank you.

As a newbie, I have found the forum invaluable, and as a result of reading the posts on here I have found the triangle, first aid kit and screwdriver, all of which I thought could be missing - thank you all!

Phil

I think that may have been me. My Cali came without the adaptor, I went to local camping shop and they sold me an adaptor which they assured me fitted the 907 Campingaz bottle - which it did ....however it does not seal with the VW end...it has no rubber seal and is dangerous. I contacted SMG and boughth the correct one it was about £15 and they got it in stock the following day.
Any California main dealer should be able to order you one.

Good luck and don't take any chances :)

I think that may have been me. My Cali came without the adaptor, I went to local camping shop and they sold me an adaptor which they assured me fitted the 907 Campingaz bottle - which it did ....however it does not seal with the VW end...it has no rubber seal and is dangerous. I contacted SMG and boughth the correct one it was about £15 and they got it in stock the following day.
Any California main dealer should be able to order you one.

Good luck and don't take any chances :)
Many thanks to you all, VW dealer parts here I come first thing tomorrow.
This community is brilliant me thinks I should pay up and become a VIP member.

So you are saying that you have to pay for an extra bit to connect to a gas bottle? I thought it should come ready to connect your camping gaz bottle to it? What am I missing?

If you purchase a New vehicle then the connectors should be there.

The original poster bought a 2013 California. If it was a VW dealer he bought it from then he might be able to get them to supply it , but if purchased from elsewhere then he will probably have to source the part.

If you purchase a New vehicle then the connectors should be there.

The original poster bought a 2013 California. If it was a VW dealer he bought it from then he might be able to get them to supply it , but if purchased from elsewhere then he will probably have to source the part.
Good morning all - you may recall my post said that I have asked the dealer to look into this. He has just phoned and VW Wooburn Green - good people have got me one in FOC. Picking up today. Thanks again.

Thanks for clearing that up. :thumb