Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Camping in Jungfrau

VWDrooper

VWDrooper

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Going to Jungfrau early part of September

Question stay at Camping Jungfrau or Camping Breithorn ?

Any feed back welcome

We stayed at Camping Jungfrau a few years ago. Nice spot right next to the river. good clean loos etc. Quite a large site, busy and expensive but thats Switzerland for you.

Second night in Jungfrau and I can't really fault it.. So we've booked in for two more nights. It isn't cheapest working out at around 64 Euro per night for Cali, two adults, two kids and electricity.. Showers are no extra charge and facilities are immaculate. There is a good restaurant and reasonably good shop on site as well..Staff are very helpful and friendly as well which id always a plus.
I think the view is worth the money alone.. pics don't do it justice..I normally get bored of campsites quickly and we move on after one or two nights.. I could spend weeks here.. Love it. Also a few mins walk into Lauterbraunnen which is such a beautiful place to wander around or grab a beer. Yes, there are a lot of tourists around but with the views it's not surprising. I normally love to find quiet campsites off the beaten track but am more than happy to change that for this one. Breithorn is only up the road and (in my opinion) doesn't look as nice but is smaller and quieter.. I can't judge it any further than that but have heard positive things about it too.

Thanks for your feed back, appreciated

No problem.. I don't think you can go too wrong in either place!

No problem.. I don't think you can go too wrong in either place!

I'm just looking at options for this summer and came across your post from last year. I'm hoping you could give some advice please?

There doesn't seem to be a way to book pitches at Jungfrau on the Eurocamp website, they all come up as mobile homes and fixed tents. Could you advise me where to look please?

You book direct through their website, they offer a discount if your a Caravan & Motorhome club member, it also works out cheaper the longer you stay.

Highly recommend this site, good location, staff are very friendly and helpful, shower block was spotless and we found it very convenient being able to book tickets for transport, excursions etc through them, shop and restaurant was handy to.

To be honest this site is not normally our cup of tea but really enjoyed it in fact we’re intending to head back next year.

https://www.campingjungfrau.swiss/en/ueber_uns/default.asp?Kategorie=Aktuell

Going to Jungfrau early part of September

Question stay at Camping Jungfrau or Camping Breithorn ?

Any feed back welcome
Jungfrau. Tip - try and park on the bank. Right hand side of site. We saw heavy rain last year and lots of water on the main pitches on the flat. Staff were brilliant in distributing pallets for campers to walk on. Pitches on the right hand bank are excellent and won’t get flooded. As for the site, staff and facilities, excellent and would certainly return.

I used camping breithorn. You can just email them to book a pitch. It's small and quieter than jungfrau. Location amazing. Further to walk into town but there's a bus if that bothers you. But it's closer to the better walking areas and the shchiltorn cable cars for grindelwald. Also less screaming kids but I prefer less screaming kids more than other people seem to.

I used camping breithorn. You can just email them to book a pitch. It's small and quieter than jungfrau. Location amazing. Further to walk into town but there's a bus if that bothers you. But it's closer to the better walking areas and the shchiltorn cable cars for grindelwald. Also less screaming kids but I prefer less screaming kids more than other people seem to.
Agreed. Looks a nice site, yes smaller but quieter.

I stayed at Jungfrau some years ago and thought the facilities were excellent.
How are the toilets/showers etc at Breithorn...?

You book direct through their website, they offer a discount if your a Caravan & Motorhome club member, it also works out cheaper the longer you stay.

Highly recommend this site, good location, staff are very friendly and helpful, shower block was spotless and we found it very convenient being able to book tickets for transport, excursions etc through them, shop and restaurant was handy to.

To be honest this site is not normally our cup of tea but really enjoyed it in fact we’re intending to head back next year.

https://www.campingjungfrau.swiss/en/ueber_uns/default.asp?Kategorie=Aktuell
Thanks. That’s great advice

Spotless and almost like new.

Awesome.
Went in 2013 and are thinking about a return trip this Spring.
This was our pitch.

ABED248B-B441-4B5B-B733-D4DDFFD49D6F.jpeg

Insane place.
One of my favourites

972D3146-AEB0-4ACB-82B9-9C2CA77267B9.jpeg

Hi there. We stayed at Camping Jungfrau in October last year. It was still busy at that time of year, but we’re given a good pitch by the river. The restaurant was good. We had the cheese fondu, since it had been recommended by fellow campers. From the campsite, you can do trips on the cable car up to ‘The Top of the Europe - Jungfraujoch’ which we didn’t do) or walk along the valley to catch the James Bond Lauterbrunnan cable car - which we did do, and enjoyed immensely. The scenery in Jungfrau is spectacular, and we would recommend the Jungfrau Campsite. However, if you don’t like large campsites, opt for the other one.
Enjoy your trip.
Heather and Howard Marriage.

QUOTE="soulstyledevon, post: 327111, member: 4110"]Awesome.
Went in 2013 and are thinking about a return trip this Spring.
This was our pitch.

Same pitch as us!!
van.jpg

Last edited: