Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Camping- Pyrenees Atlantique

Gavrobb

Gavrobb

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
hi there - any recommendations for a good family campsite in the areas around Pau / Lourdes please. We know the area really well but have never camped there before.

Had hoped to get in to the great looking (pools, slides, good toilets, great village...) site in Argeles Gazost but left it too late (its for July!) Have a couple ideas but would welcome feedback from the crowd here if anybody has any tips please

(Avoid downtown Lourdes is a tip we already know thanks !!!)

Theres plenty of sites further up through Argeles on the way to Luz. Id be very surprised if you cant get into one of them.
Half a dozen in Cauterets as well but none with pools that I know of. There is a pool in the town though and the Rocher spa also has one.

Good point - thanks Briwy - will spend some Google time looking and report back. Nice area and keen to stay nearby Argeles Gazost, always seems a great town when we visit.

So we have booked a week in Camp International at Luz st Sauveur mid July - looks great for the kids. Not as well placed in Argeles as the above that I had hoped to get booked but probably nicer to be further up the mountain. I'll report back on this one next month.
Meantime any recommendations for spot camp sites between Pyrenees West, Atlantic Coast, Biarittz areas would be welcome. A lot of the bigger ones are of course 7day minimum.
Thanks