Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Camping Recommendation near Malaga

Moonlight Motel

Moonlight Motel

Vehicle
Grand California 680
Hi

As part of our summer trip in our GC680 we are planning to spend a few days in Malaga but cant seem to find a nice campsite/area de autocaravanas near Malaga. We are happy to cycle, but not too far or get a bus. Would like a site on or near the beach in case weather is too hot in mid August.

Can anyone recommend a place?

Thanks

This place is about 8kms to the east and has pitches on the beach. You can bus or cycle into town. You have to book as we failed to get in last year but oddly they don’t take a deposit. We’re booked there for 3 nights this Thursday as it happens!

This place is about 8kms to the east and has pitches on the beach. You can bus or cycle into town. You have to book as we failed to get in last year but oddly they don’t take a deposit. We’re booked there for 3 nights this Thursday as it happens!

Thanks Ting Tong. Be interested to hear what you think of the site

John

I haven't stayed at the place mentioned by Ting Tong but I did drive past it a few weeks ago in a car. Positives are next to the beach location, negatives are that it's right next to a big road junction and it looks like a big car park.

You might want to have a look at this place which is nearby. It's back from the coast but quieter/greener place. About 5 mins walk to the beach from here :

I haven't stayed here either, but I'd personally choose it over the one next to the big road into Malaga

I haven't stayed at the place mentioned by Ting Tong but I did drive past it a few weeks ago in a car. Positives are next to the beach location, negatives are that it's right next to a big road junction and it looks like a big car park.

You might want to have a look at this place which is nearby. It's back from the coast but quieter/greener place. About 5 mins walk to the beach from here :

I haven't stayed here either, but I'd personally choose it over the one next to the big road into Malaga
I visit Málaga regularly and have passed both the sites referred to. The first one by the big road will be noisier but it’s within cycling distance of the city and very close to Rincón de la Victoria which is a pleasant Spanish resort. From here you can walk to the suburb of El Palo (15 mins) and take a local bus (excellent and cheap Service) into the city 24 hours a day.
The second site is better located but a long way from Málaga unless you take a bus.

There are free places to park up. One on the east of Málaga right next to the sea and on the edge of El Palo. It’s always busy though.
El Candado

The other popular areas are at the western end (less attractive in my view) of the city
Dropped pin

Parking in the city is a bit of a nightmare so these two places tend to be most used.

We also tried to get in there after the one mentioned and it looked like a travellers encampment on scrub land in the middle of an off-beat housing estate. It was also full (of German pensioners bunkered down for the winter in huge motor homes). The other one looked better.

Thanks Ting Tong. Be interested to hear what you think of the site

John
We’re on our second night and it’s absolutely fine, though we were lucky enough to get a pitch overlooking the beach. It doesn’t look particularly appealing in the NE corner by the loos. The facilities are rudimentary but clean. We haven’t heard the road but you will do further back. It’s a quick walk eastwards along the front into the local town and 30mins on the bus to Malaga. The only entrance is eastbound on the MA24 just after the bend. We’d stay again but I wouldn’t want to long term it here like some do. Booking is essential and is best done on a pc not a phone. 50FBD90D-CE8F-4E4B-9B0C-9ACE3F325466.jpeg
We were the only VW and the smallest on site

We’re on our second night and it’s absolutely fine, though we were lucky enough to get a pitch overlooking the beach. It doesn’t look particularly appealing in the NE corner by the loos. The facilities are rudimentary but clean. We haven’t heard the road but you will do further back. It’s a quick walk eastwards along the front into the local town and 30mins on the bus to Malaga. The only entrance is eastbound on the MA24 just after the bend. We’d stay again but I wouldn’t want to long term it here like some do. Booking is essential and is best done on a pc not a phone. View attachment 104670
We were the only VW and the smallest on site
Thanks Ting Tong. We will follow up with the site

Back