Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Campsite near Gatwick

Moose

Moose

T6 Ocean 204 DSG
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi can anyone recommend a site close to Gatwick that's not to noisy - I am aware of the site that is at Gatwick but need to get a good night sleep before travels.
Cheers.

There are a whole string of CL's and CS's near Gatwick, do you belong to either of the two clubs?

Are you looking for full facilities? There are a couple of pubs nearby that offer overnight parking.

How quiet do you want it? There is a lot of stacking over East Grinstead and as no one can predict which way the wind is going to blow on the day the direction of incoming and outgoing cannot be predicted.

My suggestion is look somewhere off the M23 going South, somewhere like this one http://www.blacklandsfarm.co.uk

Hi Jen, no don't belong to either presently, only need for one night but shower would be nice before flying.
Will have a look at Blacklands farm.
Thank you.

Hi Jen, no don't belong to either presently, only need for one night but shower would be nice before flying.
Will have a look at Blacklands farm.
Thank you.

Blacklands is about 20 minutes from Gatwick, nice area, I've not stayed down there but friends have and recommended it.

Just called them very helpful on the phone and only £21.00 for the night so we are booking in, will let you know what we think :thumb:thumb:thumb:thumb

The other advantage is that if you have a problem with your vehicle SMG Cowfold are just around the corner :)

We stayed at the Caravan Club site. We were on our way to a mini meet of the forum and the place we were going had been flooded so stayed on the CC site. It was near one of the runways but I did not find it noisy. There were lots of rabbits which the dog thought amusing! There was a large expanse of green out the back.