Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Campsite recommendations Europe

S

samp

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
We're off on a 6 week trip at the end of the month. Starting from Santander and finishing at Roscoff. If anyone can recommend any campsites in Northern Spain or the West Coast of France i'd appreciate it. We like small quiet places with clean facilities if possible. Thanks!

Ps I have the ASCI book and cool camping.

When you are back in Brittany I can recommend Chateau de Galinee in the north of Brittany and Camping du Letty at Benodet I can thoroughly recommend. I don't know if you have children in tow or not but there are lovely outdoor and indoor pool complexes and at Benodet there is the lovely beach as well. Galinee is surrounded by each village boasting even more outstanding beaches than the last village. Can't let you know about further down but would be interested to know.

If you fancy parking in the garden of our cottage in central Brittany surrounded by fields please let me know or the cottage itself is free from 1st August!
Zebedee

Sorry to disturb this topic but i saw many times here people talking about " brittany" always thinking it was in the UK.....
Now in this topic , thought by myself ...hmmm gonna google....
....Brittany is Bretange....:headbang
Why don't you told me so....:D
@Zebedee , witch area/ town in Bretange :) are you...? Are you Brit living France ?
Find it strange one not places there location and vehicle type visible for other members , there would be less misunderstandings , especially on vehicle types...

Last edited:
If your traveling the west coast of France I would strongly recommend visiting the Dune Du Pilat also known as the Great Dune of Pyla. Fantastic natural phenomena. Loads of campsites local but some have a festival feel in August!

That's great, thanks guys. Zebedee I've been to Benodet and you're right the pool was great, we have 2 young children.
I'm keen to visit the big dune so that's definitely on the list now. We'll be there in June so hopefully it'll be quieter.
Le plaz looks close to the Picos so we may give that a try too.
Great tips.
Thanks

No we live in the big smoke....aka London but we also have a lovely Breton cottage, well my daughter owns it really, but she is only 12. It is in an area like the Lake District but easy reach of all the coasts in Brittany so you can go surfing, kayaking either sea or on the Nantes Brest Canal, cycling or just relaxing. It has a second garden some way from the house surrounded by fields which had 3 caravans on it when we bought it last year which I had removed and am having a 5 bar gate installed so Cali's can use it for 'wild' camping. It is in the centre of Brittany near Lac de Guerledan. Excellent Aire and Campsite nearby too.

No we live in the big smoke....aka London but we also have a lovely Breton cottage, well my daughter owns it really, but she is only 12. It is in an area like the Lake District but easy reach of all the coasts in Brittany so you can go surfing, kayaking either sea or on the Nantes Brest Canal, cycling or just relaxing. It has a second garden some way from the house surrounded by fields which had 3 caravans on it when we bought it last year which I had removed and am having a 5 bar gate installed so Cali's can use it for 'wild' camping. It is in the centre of Brittany near Lac de Guerledan. Excellent Aire and Campsite nearby too.

...nice owning a pice of paridise like that!
You can organise a "Cali's in Brittany" for the forummembers.....:cool:

Stay here http://www.camping-juantcho.com/
Awesome campsite on dramatic cliffs with wicked sunset, best out of season and pop into the narrow streets of St Jean de Luz for an authentic Basque meal. Can't wait to go back...........