Can’t close windows!

acer

acer

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
When I try to close my front driver’s side window it almost makes it to the top but then aborts. I have wind deflectors fitted and think that these are preventing closure. I can see a loose clip and was given a tool to poke these back in should it ever happen again (it happened at handover). However I’m poking around to no avail. Any tips / advice vey gratefully received.

just for the time being try pressing the window switch just before the glass gets to the top...... this will at least stop the auto open until you sort the issue out .......

just for the time being try pressing the window switch just before the glass gets to the top...... this will at least stop the auto open until you sort the issue out .......
Thanks. We get a tantalising 5 cm from the top. There’s also a clip visible that doesn’t seem to want go in.
IMG_0737.jpegIMG_0738.jpeg

Looks like your wind deflectors are causing the issue.
Maybe better to take them off, so you can close the windows, and try to find out later on?

Is the glass the acoustic laminated stuff Acer? It's a little thicker and i have heard you should only use the VW stick on ones if that's the case.

Thanks. We get a tantalising 5 cm from the top. There’s also a clip visible that doesn’t seem to want go in.
View attachment 129883View attachment 129884
You have to remove the deflector and put it back in, use the tool provided. This deflector is poorly installed, as you can see in the image, the filter hits it and goes back. The metal clip must be hidden inside the gutter. It happened to me.

Is the glass the acoustic laminated stuff Acer? It's a little thicker and i have heard you should only use the VW stick on ones if that's the case.
Yes. Acoustic glass. Interesting. It was the dealer that fitted it and so you would think that they would know wouldn’t you?

You have to remove the deflector and put it back in, use the tool provided. This deflector is poorly installed, as you can see in the image, the filter hits it and goes back. The metal clip must be hidden inside the gutter. It happened to me.
Thanks Didi. I don’t want to attempt removing them and make things worse, even though I am booked back in with the dealer next week. I’ve often stated on here how great VW assist are. I’ve called them and they will be here soon. I’ll let everyone know how it works out.

Yes. Acoustic glass. Interesting. It was the dealer that fitted it and so you would think that they would know wouldn’t you?
You really would of thought so. I'm going to get some. Ours is Acoustic glass also. Going to get the stick on ones just to be safe.

You really would of thought so. I'm going to get some. Ours is Acoustic glass also. Going to get the stick on ones just to be safe.
You know that someone on here will know John if the acoustic glass windows need stick on as opposed to clip on. Yes, they are great for when parked up in the rain.

The outcome was that the engineer simply pulled it off. He thinks that it is clearly not fitted correctly and may be the wrong fit for the shape of window / window frame. At least I can close the window now.

Thanks everyone for your comments. Not sure what to do next. Let the VW dealer have another go? Try an alternate type. We had wind deflectors on our old 5.1 for 9 years without issue. But these seem very poor in comparison.

Back