Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Can anyone recommend a south coast campsite that isn't full of caravans

California Dreamin

California Dreamin

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Looking for a last minute one-night special on the south coast. We Live north of London but need to go to Horsham tomorrow so thought we would find somewhere for the night to make a bit more of it. Looking for beach access if at all possible. Any ideas?

Probably too far for a night, but a lovely site with access to the beach at East Fleet near Portland. Just outside Weymouth. Martleaves Farm Campsite South Road Wyke Regis Weymouth Dorset DT4 9NR
Tel: 07785 565059

what's wrong with caravans?

I'm quite comfortable being parked amongst them, they don't bite and can provide hours of entertainment watching them being parked, levelled, awning fitted, water roll filled, satellite dish rotated and .. if the CC chairman..... the A*se being ripped off them :D

Remember caravans pre dated camper vans.

They think we are the odd ones out.

Thanks for the Weymouth suggestion - yes, probably a bit far for a one nighter but will pop it on my list for when we are in Dorset.

Regarding caravans, you are right, I need to work on my prejudices! ;) In all seriousness though - always looking for sites that have a good mix of tents, campervans etc not just a field of while fully plumbed in boxes.

Don't know how many caravans there will be but nunnington farm at west witterings is very good. They have a tent field. Was there last week. Horsham approx 39 miles away. 15 min walk to beach

Burnbake Camping site on the Purbecks (Dorset). They do not allow big vans or caravans (access is a single track road) and its pretty much a turn up and camp place. Had a nice weekend there just two weeks ago and can recommend it. http://www.burnbake.com

Burnbake Camping site on the Purbecks (Dorset). They do not allow big vans or caravans (access is a single track road) and its pretty much a turn up and camp place. Had a nice weekend there just two weeks ago and can recommend it. http://www.burnbake.com
Good shout, I'd recommend this place too. They allow fires and is very peaceful.

Fairfield farm Pevensey...close to Pevensey Castle and short walk to Pevensey bay..Petting farm on site too!

IMG_20160507_181533.jpg

Thanks all for the great suggestions. Weather was pretty beak on the south coast when we where down there so we retreated (slightly) to Graffham C&CC site in the South Downs having had fish and chips on the beach before heading north. Looking at these sites now for short breaks during the summer.

Back