Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Windsor, Thames Valley, Oxford

C

CALIFONE

Hello,
We are French and have the project to go in the West of London soon. We know the East South, the coast mainly, and now we wish discovering Windsor, the Thames and if the time permits it Oxford.
Please, could you inform us about nice places to pass the night, close the Thames for example, in campsite or in wild.
Thank you very much ! Have a nice Sunday !
Natetib

There is campsite in Henley, which is between Windsor and Oxford. I've never stayed there myself, but some friends had their first ever tent camping experience there last year and enjoyed it.

http://www.swissfarmcamping.co.uk

I have a feeling that they are in the ACSI scheme as well, if you use that.
dan

Hello,
Our Easter week-end was very well. We visited Ascott, Henley on Thamise, Goring (a small village) and very quickly Oxford,that we have to visit in detail a next time.
The second day, we visited the Windsor Castle : beautiful, really.
The third day, back home unfortunatly, to go to join Dover, we decided to cross London. A new time very quickly, we seen Buckingam, Big Ben and the Parlement, Westminster, Saint Paul, Tower Bridge (we crossed in the two way)... we will return in London, and in Great Britain of course.
Following the council, we slept in Henley, in the campsite Swiss Village, very nice, very very nice.
We appreciated the courtesy and patience of the British drivers behind us, even in London. French people have to learn...
Have a nice evening.

Great news, very pleased you enjoyed your trip.

dan