Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Can you use a Vango Airbeam Kela drive away awning at the same time as a Vanorak cover? If so, how?!

S

Shelley

VIP Member
Hi all, we have a Vango Airbeam Kela drive away awning and a Vanorak. Is there any way of using both at the same time? The Vanorak stops you being able to attach the awning via the kador rail. Has anyone tried using the straps that go over the roof? Was a bit worried this might put too much pressure on the pop up.

If anyone can advise me of how to use both the awning and the cover at the same time I would hugely appreciate it. We're going away this weekend with our two small kiddies and need all the space we can get!

Thank you!

Welcome ,thats one hell of a long title.....for a first post;)

what on earth is a vanarack ???

From the context of this thread you can see it is the 'anorak' for the Cali roof, not the storage box for VW Transporter.

Last edited:
sounds expensive for some boot storage.

http://vanorak.com

not sure how that can interfere with a drive away awning though

Thanks Looby. That does help. We worked out that there's also a wAy of fixing the Kela to the fiamma awning attached to the van. Ordered a drive away kit and will test it out on our next trip away.

Just to confirm, the Vanorak is a roof cover, not boot storage. Amazing item, and also acts as a blackout blind meaning our toddlers slept in til 8am. Worth every penny!

Did you ever figure this out? I've a T5.1, the Kela IV (and a Vanorak I want to try soon)

Back