Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Canvas Repair

qyouquestion

qyouquestion

Qyouquestion
VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
EBE71913-9403-4790-9AD9-A0F6360D35B1.jpeg 40E81A54-C179-47C8-A534-70C325042B5B.jpeg Hi Everyone, this isn’t major damage yet!!!!!!
I don’t want it to get any worse so if anyone could make any suggestions
I’d be grateful.
As you can see from pics there is a very small tear on the corner of the canvas which I’d like to stop getting any worse???
Any idea’s

It does look like a difficult spot but I believe some tear aid should be able to stop it deteriorating further, its available in the club shop I think.

View attachment 38979 View attachment 38980 Hi Everyone, this isn’t major damage yet!!!!!!
I don’t want it to get any worse so if anyone could make any suggestions
I’d be grateful.
As you can see from pics there is a very small tear on the corner of the canvas which I’d like to stop getting any worse???
Any idea’s
I use a 3" piece of TearAid on the outside and inside. In fact I did it on both front corners. The TearAid is stretchy and can be stretched around the corner.

Tear aid, applied both sides.

........you know what I’ll suggest :rolleyes:

Temporary fix would be tear aid but that won´t heal it.
New bellows needed there to make your van a minter.

I’m going to stick with get it
Tear Aid

You could take it off and take it to a sail maker/tent repairer who will fix it and reinforce it in other areas but once you've taken it off and paid for that and given it's probably going to go somewhere else in a year or two then a new canvas might be a better idea.

But unless the van is a real minter/pride and joy etc I'd save your money, patch up and carry on caming. :thumb

Thanks
I love my Cali only have Canvas up in blistering heat the rest of the canvas is in good shape so I’ll patch it up.