Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Car Park Accident

M

muttley

Guest User
GRRRR! Came back to the Cali yesterday to find that someone had hit it in the car park. It is a really good one, right on the wheelarch too, as you can see from the attached pic. Needless to say, they didn't leave a note, so I am pretty annoyed.

Simon

photo.JPG

Bloody hell that's grim. Sorry to here that mate. Any chance of looking at the car park cctv :?:
Some people :censor

Ouch!! Hope getting it sorted isn't too painful!

I hate car parks and go for the furthest point if I have to use them!

Sorry Muttley about it.
That is exactly why I am going to install the bar tubes, on sides and at rear. They may look like agro-tuning, as we call it in Poland (tuning for village's people), but they do their task.

That is well out of order. I watched someone hit the towbar on the Cali in the car park in a new car - I looked it it and the driver, pointed at their bumper, laughed and walked off - I don't think the realised it was my Cali they'd hit. Served them right.

Calikev said:
Bloody hell that's grim. Sorry to here that mate. Any chance of looking at the car park cctv :?:
Some people :censor

Barstewards.... Like Calikev says, see if there is any cctv around.

Gutted for you mate. I have just scuffed a friends car and lots of people said (jokingly) "Why didn't you just drive off?" I couldn't ever do that and can only imagine the type of people that do.
Good luck with checking the CCTV. Do you know a good body shop? Word of mouth is the best way to find them.

The CCTV is a long shot but think of the satisfaction of being able to ID the toenail...!!

Sorry for you, that is awful.

Practically the same thing happened to me in November in either Ambleside car park or the Tebay motorway service area. It was dark when we left the first place and well past midnight when we got home, so didn't see it until the next day. How anyone can do that and just drive off is beyond me, but these days there's a good chance they're driving illegally in some way and wouldn't want to be identified. B*stards!

So frustrating. Happened to my rear offside wheel arch last month and unfortunately the steel sidebars didn't help. I'm betting these halfwits who can't even park ther cars are the same ones who drive like morons, never indicate and insist on tailgating you menacingly in queues of traffic where nobody has a chance of overtaking anyway.

And I know now how stressful Christmas can be - have you noticed that even the outer reaches of supermarket car parks are so full at this time that there is no escaping the anxiety of leaving your Cali parked where it's vulnerable to idiots?

Lets hope there really is such a thing as Karma!

To all those soles who put bad karma out into the world.

May they receive it back with interest. :cool

Simon sorry to hear your news hope you get it fixed soon. :headbang :crazy :thumb

John

Feel for you mate, that's bloody awful. There's no way they didn't know they'd done that much damage. . .Spineless cretins. How can anyone live with themselves after doing that to someone's pride & joy?
All car park spaces should be same width as disabled spaces - maybe that way the average incompetent Brtitish driver could hit the space & nothing else!!!!

Good luck getting your van looking beautiful again

Geraint

Sorry to hear that boss, if that happend to me and I found out who did it I would introduce them to Bily ---- Billy Baseball Bat !

Thanks for all the sympathy. I am going to ask about CCTV, even if it is a long shot.

It's hard when this happens and I really feel for you. Why not just come forward and admit it? It's nasty and ignorant.

I hope everything gets sorted. :)

James

Thanks James. Still, much less of a problem than yours. Is yours fully repaired yet?
Simon

Just a thought... how much should it cost to get damage like that shown in the pic sorted by a VW dealer? I have absolutely no idea! Are we talking hundreds of pounds, tens or what? Not asking for anyone to give an estimate, just a clue as I don't have one!

I would guess at £1500, once a panel is included and labour. The alternative involves filler ........ which won't look good at all

Back