Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Height Restricted Car Parks - Fit for a California.

Inverness Falcon Gallery multi storey and Edinburgh Ocean Terminal cinema side

Site minier de Wallers-Arenberg
Ideal for Paris Roubaix spectating at the Arenberg Trench. Initial entry via a sliding 2.1m barrier then a gate leg 2.0m barrier. Moved onto adjacent motorhome park along with 100 or so big whites (minimal facilities) on the Thursday for the event on Sunday. Spot the Cali amid a ‘sea of whites’.2AE59297-53E5-4918-82CD-9B75BCA6B28C.jpegF7049105-419D-4810-84DD-2A5647691EB6.jpeg

A bit of a punt but has anyone parked in the Sovereign Square Car Park in Leeds centre? Just booking a weekend away and the hotel nearby gives half price parking but it's a 2.0m height restriction!

A bit of a punt but has anyone parked in the Sovereign Square Car Park in Leeds centre? Just booking a weekend away and the hotel nearby gives half price parking but it's a 2.0m height restriction!

This was in France and I didn't measure it.
France (2).jpg

Katelijnestraat 65, 8000 Brugge, Belgium multi-storey basement

Most parking spots at the coast of France near the Dune du Pilat advertise a max height of 1,80 at the gates but that’s poppycock. Instead of changing the gates the just changed the signed .
I’m 1,96m and just quickly walk up to the gate with my fist on my head to check.

2m plus in East Anglia
Peterborough train station and Queensgate multi story
Kings lynn st Stephens multi story
Colchester Grey Friars car park
Colchester train station car park
Bishops stortford Jackson square multi story
Braintree George yard
Clacton multi story by Sainsbury’s
Boston market place car park
:thumb

Most parking spots at the coast of France near the Dune du Pilat advertise a max height of 1,80 at the gates but that’s poppycock. Instead of changing the gates the just changed the signed .
I’m 1,96m and just quickly walk up to the gate with my fist on my head to check.

Just be wary, that the height restriction might refer to lowest point in a obscure part of the car park (low hanging water/aircon pipe etc). Obviously not a issue Dune du Pilat as it's an outdoor carpark within the forest.

I think I would be forever opening my window to take a peek before driving through!
A friend of mine from Wales stopped for a picnic, forgot to pop her pop top back down, drove out of the car park sheering it off - vehicle was not even 3 months old!!

I think I would be forever opening my window to take a peek before driving through!
A friend of mine from Wales stopped for a picnic, forgot to pop her pop top back down, drove out of the car park sheering it off - vehicle was not even 3 months old!!
Conversion I presume as you get a warning on the SE/Ocean.
I wonder, do you get a warning on the Beach or Coast with a manual roof?

Yes hers is a conversion & you learn something new everyday! I certainly didnt know they had a warning & I wonder if they do on a Coast with manual roof???

Slapton Sands Memorial Car Park, Slapton, Devon...1.9m Restriction. Spotted / watched beneath it by Mrs Db with about 6" (15cm) to spare Sunday 11 October 20. Standard no mods Cali Ocean 150 .

This is interesting - I measured the loan Cali we have (with awning) yesterday and it was 1.99m to the top of the awning at the rear. I thought with an awning they were over 2m?

I was specifically considering lowering ours to get it to be under 2m so it could go in car parks easier.
My week 43 build 4motion will be lowered by the dealer before I get it 30mm is 30mm easier in carparks !

I’ve occasionally manoeuvred at very low speed <5mph with the roof up - no warning. Perhaps a warning is triggered at higher speed, but I expect not.

Entered this carpark in the Mendips in the dark, it was rather tight with a brief rub on the awning. Getting out was easier in the daylight!

IMG_5408.jpegIMG_5407.jpeg

IMG_5407.jpeg

I’ve often wondered what happens when the car park is resurfaced. I guess you have hope that the original dimensions included a little bit of redundancy.
This is why I crawl under the barrier at the recycling centre, even after countless visits. One day, either the road will rise or the huge barrier will settle!

Two underground car parks in Portugal.

1. Aqua Centre, Portimao
2. Algarve Shopping, Guia

Both over 2m. Used many times with Cali SE 180.