Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Height Restricted Car Parks - Fit for a California.

Interesting. So there must be a sensor somewhere on the Manual roof?
I'm only guessing but it might only be with the extended lighting package, that has a sensor as if the roof is lowered the roof lights are automatically switched off.

Interesting. So there must be a sensor somewhere on the Manual roof?
I guess so. There is loud prolonged audible beep when you turn the key. I think there may have been door light on the dash to but I would need to double check that.

I’ve been into the main multi-storey in Bolton town centre, no idea what it is called! Marked as 2m clearance, it’s a bit tight getting round corners inside but the height was no problem.

In Aberdeen, the car park on College Street is also fine in my Cali, despite the disconcerting fact that many of the beams slope so are higher at one side of the lane than the other!
I have not yet braved any of the other multi-storey car parks in Aberdeen as they are all marked as 1.9m. So is the entrance to the outdoor car park at Dunnottar Woods in Stonehaven, but I can get under that with a good 10cm clearance. However there I know that the barrier is the only height restriction- in a multi-storey you never know when you will come across a low beam!
I will not be attempting Denburn car park, as my Dad already got us stuck in there when he forgot he had borrowed my roof box for his Seat Alhambra. I ended up having to dismantle the roof bars to get the box off in the car park, as we didn’t have the keys for the box, and couldn’t get back out with it still on the car…

I’ve been into the main multi-storey in Bolton town centre, no idea what it is called! Marked as 2m clearance, it’s a bit tight getting round corners inside but the height was no problem.

In Aberdeen, the car park on College Street is also fine in my Cali, despite the disconcerting fact that many of the beams slope so are higher at one side of the lane than the other!
I have not yet braved any of the other multi-storey car parks in Aberdeen as they are all marked as 1.9m. So is the entrance to the outdoor car park at Dunnottar Woods in Stonehaven, but I can get under that with a good 10cm clearance. However there I know that the barrier is the only height restriction- in a multi-storey you never know when you will come across a low beam!
I will not be attempting Denburn car park, as my Dad already got us stuck in there when he forgot he had borrowed my roof box for his Seat Alhambra. I ended up having to dismantle the roof bars to get the box off in the car park, as we didn’t have the keys for the box, and couldn’t get back out with it still on the car…
How stuck?
Could removing air from tyres have done the trick?

I believe this is Arundel Gate Sheffield
1hr - £4.50, 4 - 5 hrs £17.50
Avoid.

View attachment 80294
Q-park Rockingham Street is 2.1m. Still feels like you’re getting a scalping though.

Haven’t tried the cheese grater, but it says it’s 2m. Backed away from Durham Road, the entrance is on a cross slope and I touched the warning barrier.

With the demise of John Lewis in town, don’t anticipate using any of them again anytime soon.

I'm only guessing but it might only be with the extended lighting package, that has a sensor as if the roof is lowered the roof lights are automatically switched off.
Not really the right topic here, but just a word of warning.
I have a T6.1 Beach with lights in the rooftop ceiling (2 at the front, 1 at the back), but when the roof is being lowered, the lights don’t switch of automatically. I’m using those lights to light-up when closing my roof to have a good view inside the pop-top and make sure the tent is coming inside as it is supposed to be. At the end of the operation, I have to switch the lights off manually!
Haven’t tried driving with the roof up, so no idea of any warning.

You are correct, I have just read the manual, on a manual roof the roof lights turn of when the van gets to 10kph, the electric roof when the roof is partially down.
Sorry for some reason iPhone pics always come out sideways.
tempImageDtCx3U.png

Frimley Park Hospital multi-storey visitor car park. T5 fits but might be tight in a T6.1 as it now claims 2.0m 6’5” but clearance more once under barrier.

02007944-8723-42FA-9FED-B5A82D59B10E.jpeg

Parking La Concha Telpark by Empark

San Sebastian.

T6 with Thule roof bars, no problems.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

2m restriction at Queen Alexandra hospital - Portsmouth.

My van - with solar panels on the roof - clipped the loose hanging sign, but otherwise had plenty of space above.