Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

CARAVAN, CAMPING AND MOTORHOME SHOW 2023 - worth a visit?

D

da_murphster

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Having recently got a T6 Beach I am in need of some 'bits' - ladders, storage stuff, lights etc.

Is there decent inspiration (and prices) at the NEC show?

Worth a visit?

IMHO the show's main emphasis is selling the big ticket items, vans, caravans etc. However there are some traders selling bits and bobs. That said its timing is useful, being at the start of the season. The best shows for ancillaries are later in the year. It's quite cheap, £12 including parking and less than an hour from Brizzle. They also sensibly limit the tickets so that the venue isn't oppressively busy.

If you're new to the scene I'd go for it.

Having recently got a T6 Beach I am in need of some 'bits' - ladders, storage stuff, lights etc.

Is there decent inspiration (and prices) at the NEC show?

Worth a visit?
I went to the last one there and was disappointed in what was on offer accessory wise with little or no discount. I did enjoy the day wondering around tho so if you fancy a day looking at new vans/caravans go for it.

You are more likely to come home having ordered a £100k coach built than you are with a ladder as good as the one you can find in the shop here or in the classifieds.
Please be aware that ladders are the most resold item here when spritley users realise they are unnecessary and a pain in the ar&e in a small van (obviously they work / are necessary for some).

I went to the last one there and was disappointed in what was on offer accessory wise with little or no discount. I did enjoy the day wondering around tho so if you fancy a day looking at new vans/caravans go for it.
There are two versions of this show, the one now in Feb is Camping, Caravan and Motorhome. The one in Oct is just Caravan and Motorhome and doesn’t have any/much camping stuff. It seems to me that the Feb show has lots more camping accessories and is more useful if you’re looking for bits and bobs. We’ve been to the last 4 shows and always enjoy looking around at stuff we can’t afford…;-)

Good for a mooch and a day out. Lousy for a deal. Just look at the things you like IRL and buy them online when you get home.

Thanks all - its not expensive or far for me to go so i'll go to mooch.

re the ladder - I actually dont really want one but kids are young (7&9) and it's inevitable they will break the armrest!

Thanks all - its not expensive or far for me to go so i'll go to mooch.

re the ladder - I actually dont really want one but kids are young (7&9) and it's inevitable they will break the armrest!
Rope Boat Ladder, 2 or 3 steps. Loops around head rest.

There are two versions of this show, the one now in Feb is Camping, Caravan and Motorhome. The one in Oct is just Caravan and Motorhome and doesn’t have any/much camping stuff. It seems to me that the Feb show has lots more camping accessories and is more useful if you’re looking for bits and bobs. We’ve been to the last 4 shows and always enjoy looking around at stuff we can’t afford…;-)
We went today, lots of camper vans, Motorhomes and caravans. Lots of accessories too.

However, the pricing wasn’t so good. We can buy a Ridgemonkey cheaper from the club shop, and the Brunner crockery set was cheaper elsewhere on the inter web. However, I asked the seller if they’d price match (on the crockery) and they did. It depends if you’re happy to haggle.

Nice show though.

Back