Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Caravan & Motorhome Club Ferry discount

C

Cassidy_London

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hey.

Just joined the Caravan & Motorhome Club on the strength of the ferry discount that you can take advantage of as a member.

Wanted to flag a couple of annoying points that I discovered when making my first online ferry booking through them:
- can’t specify if want the economy/flexi/premium ticket option
- they claim the ticket type is ‘flexi’ but the Clubs’s definition of ‘flexi’ differ materially from Stena Lines
- all changes have to go through their chat function (waited 50 mins this morning to connect with a person)
- any changes incur a £20 charge (none with the true flexi fare)
- this includes adding an extra person (!)
- can’t add a pet when making the booking, need to contact the Club to add
- can’t add the lounge

All in all rather regret joining …

Doesn’t surprise me at all.
I had a fully flexible booking direct with Stena and only afterwards noticed that the Camping and Caravanning Club offer a discount. On comparing the actual cost of the discounted fare, it was higher than my existing booking and, as above, it was impossible to fully customise the new booking. I stayed put.
Others may have similar or different experiences but it does suggest that the claims of the clubs need to be treated with caution.

I tried booking a simple ferry for 2 (Poole Cherbourg) via the CAMC. Price with discount came out £35 more than booking direct with Brittany Ferries - not sure if there were any advantages with their ticket but I just went direct with BF.

We joined the C&CC years ago just to get the ferry discounts when we going to France five or six times a year. The discounts at that time were well worth having but the last time I have tried as already mentioned the discounts have gone. Probably won't renew as we rarely use the campsites.

Back