Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Caravan &Motorhome Club Price Increase

LisaKent

LisaKent

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I had a letter at the weekend about the C&MC price increases, I remember you used to join for good value pitch prices but this has now long gone as even as a member you can pay over £45 per night at some sites. Don't get me wrong I mainly use CL's but I just think with being a member the prices should be cheaper.

I had a letter at the weekend about the C&MC price increases, I remember you used to join for good value pitch prices but this has now long gone as even as a member you can pay over £45 per night at some sites. Don't get me wrong I mainly use CL's but I just think with being a member the prices should be cheaper.
They are, compared to commercial sites in the same area. Also, as most sites are leased the Freeholder can charge what they like.

The club is no longer run for the benefit of the members, it is now sadly a big business, the big price rises have shot up over the past 3-4 years, you will see from a lot of other forums that members are not happy.

Probably to pay for the director generals salary, I think he took £100,000 last year plus the same in dividends

Plus the M6 Toll discount is going, which was a reason on its own for being a member for some

Sadly, as "clubs" get bigger they have to evolve into commercially aware and financially viable organisations and attract professional management (and salaries) to survive. The membership fee is easily recouped after a few trips.

b6d345babbdfa1f620cb5721f67c95ec.png

We can very happily visit Norman’s Bay for 4 weekends per year (90 minutes drive). That alone pays our membership fee.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

I can't think of anything worse than being surrounded by big whites and caravans on a club site to be honest, not to mention all their rules and signs everywhere you go, each to their own though, its good we are all different

I can't think of anything worse than being surrounded by big whites and caravans on a club site to be honest, not to mention all their rules and signs everywhere you go, each to their own though, its good we are all different
If you don't want hookup, Norman's Bay has very nice campervan and tent areas near the excellent children's playground, and that suits us very well.

Knocking the crap mag on the head might save a few quid
Must admit I don't rate the magazine, especially the reviews, like most of this type of publication they tend to play it safe and don't want to offend. Money wise I doubt if there's much cost to the club to produce it. I expect the advertising revenue covers it.

Norman's Bay has very nice campervan and tent areas
...and if you have your eyes peeled looking out to sea you can see 'Norman The Seal' and probably his 'Norma' too.
Sorry :offtopic.

But agreed, the site discounts do add up to a tidy sum of savings throughout the year.

Knocking the crap mag on the head might save a few quid
The mag is rubbish... must be aimed at 10 year olds !!
I’m only a member because we use CLs and the fair price insurance premium for our touring caravan
T 6 makes a superb tow vehicle.... just see how many Germans tow vans with Calis and transporters