WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Thanks Larry

We intend travelling all over, but will often only stay 1 or 2 nights so a minimum 3 nights at weekends wouldn't work for us either (or were you saying the 3 night minimum is just at the site you were looking at?). The 72 hr cancellation policy is also a big thing for us as it allows the weather to be taken into account.
The Camping & Caravan Club minimum stay information.

Attachments

• 21410-Club-Sites-Minimum-Stay-Table-2020.pdf
    29.6 KB · Views: 51
P

Prycey13

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I was booked in with the CAMC last weekend. Day before my daughter had a temperature. Called them, refunded in full no issues. I’m a member of both clubs and find them to be pretty much the same in terms of overall service. The camping and caravan club did charge me when we had a death in the family in Ireland. I didn’t want a refund - just to reschedule but they said no and charged me anyway. Bit harsh but all other experiences have been good.

An-j

An-j

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
We are at CAMC carsington water site this weekend. Toilets/showers spotless and no queue if you pick the right time. Site full, but very quiet. Site shop is open for sweets/ice cream etc and pizza van arriving tonight. Staff great - very impressed!
Very busy, we arrived at 4pm on Friday and got a reasonable choice of pitches. By 6:30, there were only a few left so you didn’t get much choice......

B J G

B J G

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
No tents at CAMC. awnings only.
C&CC. Either awning or tent but I wouldn't think both unless just a Pup tent possibly. Pitch size/spacing would dictate what could be accommodated.

J

jamessclarke

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
No tents at CAMC. awnings only.
C&CC. Either awning or tent but I wouldn't think both unless just a Pup tent possibly. Pitch size/spacing would dictate what could be accommodated.
I know this thread is a bit old now but just read and it is pertinent to me now. We have been members of both clubs for years. Now decided to ditch Camping and Caravaning Club, stay with Caravan and Motorhome Club and try more CLs.
We have had a number of run-ins with over -zealous wardens and on reflection (plenty of time in lockdown) they were all on C&C sites. We found that one site had left a negative comment about us on “the system” but never said a word to us. Next site maybe 6 months later we were welcomed by a warden saying she expected us to be trouble and would we like to leave now? All about family size and tent size.
Also found C&CC stops negative reviews from appearing on their website.
C&MC on the other hand are just clear on their rules, never had any issues.
Please note that C&MotorhomeClub do allow tents if they are just for sleeping, storage or wc. In practice that means you can have a 2 or 3 man small tent as an ancillary to your camper. A few of their sites allow tent to be your main unit.

andyinluton

andyinluton

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Please note that C&MotorhomeClub do allow tents if they are just for sleeping, storage or wc. In practice that means you can have a 2 or 3 man small tent as an ancillary to your camper. A few of their sites allow tent to be your main unit.

They didn't at the Mablethorpe site in 2014. My first proper run in with a warden. Apparently if they let me put up a 2 man pop up tent to keep the BBQ in, they would have to let everybody put tents up.

So cali, no awning & 2 man pop up tent not allowed.
The pitch opposite had a Twin axle caravan, a full length awning, awning extensions on both ends, a further canopy to the side of the awning & two range rovers, that apparently was within the rules.

I refused to put our tent away & it stayed there all weekend.

ArunAlec

ArunAlec

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
They didn't at the Mablethorpe site in 2014. My first proper run in with a warden. Apparently if they let me put up a 2 man pop up tent to keep the BBQ in, they would have to let everybody put tents up.

The pitch opposite had a Twin axle caravan, a full length awning, awning extensions on both ends, a further canopy to the side of the awning & two range rovers, that apparently was within the rules.

Isn’t Mablethorpe CCC rather than CMC?
CMC Site Rules say tent is allowed (with a few conditions).

Last edited:
andyinluton

andyinluton

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Ive not had any problem on any of their other sites, if we don't need the full awning we use a little pop up tent to keep the BBQ bikes etc in & to use as a pitch marker. Takes seconds to put up & hours to get back in the bag.

GrumpyGranddad

GrumpyGranddad

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199

Crazy inflexibility! Some discretion in applying rules is a good policy.

J

jamessclarke

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
As ArunAlex said, the CMC handbook includes specific rules on ancillary tents. They are allowed.
Mablethorpe is a CCC site.

andyinluton

andyinluton

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
The Mablethorpe one we went to was a Caravan Club site.

Sutton-on-Sea Caravan and Motorhome Club Site

Campground in Sutton-on-Sea, England

Address: Crabtree Ln, Sutton on Sea, Mablethorpe LN12 2RS

VW California Club