Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Caravan Park Sexten - Italy

C

CaravanParkSexten

Vehicle
Just browsing
Hi Folks,

I'm Miriana, and I would like to present the campsite where I work.

CPS_Camping_Herbst_Miana_2017_0002.jpg

The Caravan Park Sexten is a 5-star campsite in South Tyrol - Italy, surrounded by nature in the destination of the Three Peaks National Park. Our resort includes pitches up to 300m2, private bathrooms, hotels with rooms and suites, apartments, lodges, chalets and tree houses. In addition, we have 4 restaurants, spa, beauty centre, indoor swimming pool, gym, kids club with children's cinema, climbing hall and a shop.

Peterlin_CPS_Schwimmbad_20200061.jpg

We are situated in a quiet location with spectacular views of the Dolomites. The ideal starting point for excursions into nature and close to the lifts of the 3Zinnen Dolomites ski area. In addition, behind the campsite there is a path that allows you to reach the nearest lifts on foot or by mountain bike. This path is also accessible in winter with skis for experienced skiers.

Our location is also ideal for organising meetings and events. We have been organising stays for big groups for over 20 years, including winter and summer activities in the surrounding area.

We look forward from hearing from you.
For more information do not hesitate to contact us.

Stay safe!

Best regards,
Miriana

www.caravanparksexten.it
info+caravanparksexten.it
T. +39 0474 710444

We stayed there for a few nights in 2019-absolutely gorgeous, lovely restaurant and immaculate facilities(probably the nicest shower /toilet facilities we have ever seen-Took the ski lift up the mountain about 15 minutes walk from the site to look back down over the stunning scenery..

372EA592-3329-4955-8A13-F6667CCB505A.JPG

Wow that looks stunning would love to hear from people who have been to this site, I have only just got our T6 and really fancy a trip abroad but I have absolutely no idea how to go about it let alone get there any help advice would be much appreciated, we live in York (UK) so how do I get there is it on the Eurostar?

Thanks

Andy

Wow that looks stunning would love to hear from people who have been to this site, I have only just got our T6 and really fancy a trip abroad but I have absolutely no idea how to go about it let alone get there any help advice would be much appreciated, we live in York (UK) so how do I get there is it on the Eurostar?

Thanks

Andy
We go to Europe every year 3 weeks for the summer holidays. We mostly go to France but have done lake Garda , Black Forest, Lake Annecy , the med part of France but now tend to stick to the west coast for the beaches ( lacauna ocean is our favourite) if your in York you could get the ferry from hull ? We chop and change our ferry but if we are going to west coast France we use st malo or Santander/Bilbao . If we are going to Italy, Germany etc we get the Newcastle Amsterdam ferry as your on holiday pretty much straight away rather than the long old drive to Dover etc . Horses for courses really

Thanks

Andy
The TL;DR version of the below is: go for it, you’ll love it.

As another poster has said, Hull to Rotterdam (if you are prepared to use P&O at the moment) is a very convenient way to get to the continent from your part of the world. On board before 7pm, meal, cabin (included), sleep, arrive at the Port of Rotterdam (which never ceases to amaze me with it’s scale) about 8:30am, and you are on the Dutch motorways (which are excellent) within a kilometre. No tolls on Dutch motorways.

We have done it many times, and found it to be very relaxing and much more preferable than slogging to Folkestone. And I can’t abide driving in Belgium. And I’m going there twice this summer, schoolboy error.

The ships are massive and in perhaps 50 crossings, we have been kept awake by the swell once. Stena Harwich to Hoek van Holland is a reasonable alternative. It’s slightly cheaper even with the diesel from our part of the world (Derbyshire) included, but the times are slightly less convenient. And one of the returns is in daytime, and that’s a long 8 hours. Prefer the night crossings.

Never done Newcastle to Amsterdam but am keen to give it a go one day.

Two hours after you leave the port you’re on the autobahn without leaving top gear. Autobahn: spend as much time as you can checking your mirrors. If it’s three lanes, venture in to lane three at your peril. If it’s two lanes, get past the trucks as quick as possible. To be honest, I am quite prepared to travel at truck speed when it’s busy.

There are many routes to take through Germany. It’s a lovely country, easy to get around and great to look at. We enjoy getting off the autobahn and traveling via the equivalents of A & B roads.

Driving on the ‘wrong’ side is not as hard as it sounds. Your nearside mirror gives a surprisingly good view and the California’s large amounts of glass help with a good shoulder check when moving left in traffic. After perhaps 100000 miles on the ‘wrong’ side I have realised that the places I am most likely to let muscle memory take over and end up driving like at home is in car parks, bizarrely. Just something about that environment that seems to lack the visual clues my mind needs to keep with local traffic flow.

Don’t be daunted, give it a go. The California is one of the very best vehicles to do long trips in. Smooth, comfy, fast when it needs to be, cup of tea always available as is the loo if you’re one of the Thetford heretics like we are. We can’t get enough of it, and love exploring Europe in ours.

Wow what a great reply thanks for that Jim it sounds fab, we are just getting to know our Cali but it is an intoxicating vehicle isn't it.

We are going to the Pembrokeshire coast for 6 nights very soon :)

We go to Europe every year 3 weeks for the summer holidays. We mostly go to France but have done lake Garda , Black Forest, Lake Annecy , the med part of France but now tend to stick to the west coast for the beaches ( lacauna ocean is our favourite) if your in York you could get the ferry from hull ? We chop and change our ferry but if we are going to west coast France we use st malo or Santander/Bilbao . If we are going to Italy, Germany etc we get the Newcastle Amsterdam ferry as your on holiday pretty much straight away rather than the long old drive to Dover etc . Horses for courses really
Lacauna ocean looks great. Where do you camp? Les Grands Pins?

Lacauna ocean looks great. Where do you camp? Les Grands Pins?
No , I’ve been to both Le grand pins and l’oiritel (or what ever it’s called ) the only thing I prefer about Le grand pins is direct access to the beach but the other one is in my opinion much better as the swimming complex is brilliant, it’s shorter walk to town and the foodie bits are better . Think Le grand pins is more hyped up as it’s a yelloh complex . For us it’s all about the town itself, lush cool laid back place , immense surf beaches , cool little cafes , bars etc . We always go when the lacauna pro surf contest is on and the town is rammed with surfers everywhere, people sleeping in their cars , vans etc it’s the best place in France for us and the only place we’ve gone back to more than once . The only problem is the campsites get booked up well in advance . I love the place and could work for tourist information ha ! If you want any other advice ie places on the way there/back etc just let me know

No , I’ve been to both Le grand pins and l’oiritel (or what ever it’s called ) the only thing I prefer about Le grand pins is direct access to the beach but the other one is in my opinion much better as the swimming complex is brilliant, it’s shorter walk to town and the foodie bits are better . Think Le grand pins is more hyped up as it’s a yelloh complex . For us it’s all about the town itself, lush cool laid back place , immense surf beaches , cool little cafes , bars etc . We always go when the lacauna pro surf contest is on and the town is rammed with surfers everywhere, people sleeping in their cars , vans etc it’s the best place in France for us and the only place we’ve gone back to more than once . The only problem is the campsites get booked up well in advance . I love the place and could work for tourist information ha ! If you want any other advice ie places on the way there/back etc just let me know
Camping & Spa Airotel l'Océan
looks good, thanks

Thanks

Andy
send me your e-mail-ive got my 5 week trip on an "apple note" ferry crossings etc from our trip 3 years ago