Carista use

john mar

john mar

Basil
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I've read a lot about Carista.
If I bought one to reset a code whilst waiting to see VW. In 5 weeks time . EM light is on.
Had light turned off once already by VW assist.

Will it.
1. Invalidate my warranty.
2 can they see that , Carista has been used, once they plug in?
3. I want to turn off code p204b. Van is driving perfect with light on.

Help appreciated.

I've read a lot about Carista.
If I bought one to reset a code whilst waiting to see VW. In 5 weeks time . EM light is on.
Had light turned off once already by VW assist.

Will it.
1. Invalidate my warranty.
2 can they see that , Carista has been used, once they plug in?
3. I want to turn off code p204b. Van is driving perfect with light on.

Help appreciated.
You could always drop the dealer an email, asking if they were happy for the code to be reset whilst you wait the 5 weeks to be seen. If they agree, you have it in writing; something to mitigate any future conversations about it?

If is is an active fault causing the code, will it not just come back on after reset.

I was told by a dealer that if a fault is no longer present, then the codes automatically get cleared from memory after 5 [I think] on/off operations of the ignition.

Depending on the warning light, is it stopping something from happening?
Is clearing the light needed for MOT?
Dealer can't tell and need not know
If you want a dealer to fix a fault they need to see the fault code so clearing it may be counterproductive.

More details required.

If VW tell you that you shouldn’t drive then van with the light on, then make sure that they extend your warranty by the 5 week waiting time.

Lots of online info on P204B code, I wouldn't reset it as it looks like an investigation needed by VW with a permanent fix.

Depending on the warning light, is it stopping something from happening?
Is clearing the light needed for MOT?
Dealer can't tell and need not know
If you want a dealer to fix a fault they need to see the fault code so clearing it may be counterproductive.

More details required.
Thank you. I just want to turn the light off my self and not worry I was doing anything wrong.

It's a VW T6.1 2021 ocean 1500 miles . Light turned off by AA. Went to Devon light back on again . But its driving great no problem except the dam yellow/orange light.
Booked in to VW on 22 March. Cant wait for that. I will go to that appointment.but still want to go away before that.I am not being selfish , its just you only have so much time left in your life to do things.
Thanks again.

Kind regards

John

If VW tell you that you shouldn’t drive then van with the light on, then make sure that they extend your warranty by the 5 week waiting time.
The AA man said if it drives ok,drive it. The Cali is nearly 3 months old

Thank you. I just want to turn the light off my self and not worry I was doing anything wrong.

It's a VW T6.1 2021 ocean 1500 miles . Light turned off by AA. Went to Devon light back on again . But its driving great no problem except the dam yellow/orange light.
Booked in to VW on 22 March. Cant wait for that. I will go to that appointment.but still want to go away before that.I am not being selfish , its just you only have so much time left in your life to do things.
Thanks again.

Kind regards

John
Have you phoned VW Assistance. It's run by the AA but insist on a VW Assistance technician. They have privileged access to VW Dealerships like next day. They can also repair and do software updates that the normal AA cannot.
You need to know if it is safe to drive and will not damage the engine.

Lots of online info on P204B code, I wouldn't reset it as it looks like an investigation needed by VW with a permanent fix.
That error code could suggest rodent damage to the wiring to the AdBlue injector.
Have a crawl under the van and look at the wiring going to the injector on the exhaust and see if it has been chewed through.

That error code could suggest rodent damage to the wiring to the AdBlue injector.
Have a crawl under the van and look at the wiring going to the injector on the exhaust and see if it has been chewed through.
I hope it's not chewed through.

Tried to look underneath there is big black cover couldn't see round it. I dont know what I am looking at so I'll wait until tomorrow thanks.

update.

VW Assist attended to day.

He has booked me into Beadle Chelmsford for Monday ,I am not holding my breath, they have already said they cant find his email, ( i have a copy)but a person said wait it might be in yet.

very impressed with the VW assist.

He said I need a new Add blue tank?.

He normally finds rodent damage.

Thank you .For all the help I've be given on here.

20220212_130614.jpg

I've got one of this type fitted - no way to know if working other than getting rodent damage in future to show that it doesn't.

Thank you.

Where would you connect to please.

Looks good.

Thank you.

Where would you connect to please.

Looks good.
Simply connected to battery + terminal and body frame for earth. screw on wing inner between battery and headlight.
Did have to fit extended power wires in order to fit in engine bay, originals are a bit short.

No battery drain issue after parking for 4 weeks with engine starting.

update to my story.

phoned VW Beadle this morning to book van in..

Told if driveable ,they would not take my Cali in for repair has to be booked in, 22 March.

phoned VW assist ,they told me tht's not right call Audi help line.

Audi said they will investigate as the VW assist have the authority to booked my Cali in asap.

Anyway emailed nice man at VW Beadle and got this response.

A bit of messing around.
I do understand these retailers are very busy but I cant help being selfish.

20220214_105518.jpg

Back