Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Carpark pratts ..!!!!!

C

choplee

Guest User
when u have a pile of crap Car ,van, bus no-one goes near it in a carpark ,but the minute you get a new one they seem to get a kick out of opening their doors on you and using your van as a stop or parking their trolley on your van ,so it doesn't roll away .... Both my grey caddy and grey Cali now have 2 carpark twat dents . They really wee wee me off and this is the second week running coming back from a good weekend camp .. Talk about ruin a weekend ...

choplee said:
when u have a pile of crap Car ,van, bus no-one goes near it in a carpark ,but the minute you get a new one they seem to get a kick out of opening their doors on you and using your van as a stop or parking their trolley on your van ,so it doesn't roll away .... Both my grey caddy and grey Cali now have 2 carpark twat dents . They really wee wee me off and this is the second week running coming back from a good weekend camp .. Talk about ruin a weekend ...

Lee

I hope you're okay mate :( Not good - I know it's s**t :(

James

This really makes my 5h1t itch!!

I always try to choose parking spots with care and would sooner walk a little further. No matter how empty the car park is, someone will always want to park close up next to you.

The spaces where massive and choose well.....maybe to well leaving loads of room for the twats trolley to fit between my van and there car.... people just have no respect for other peoples belongings ... that makes 4 for the dent guy to sort out ......
would the blue or silver have been a better choice to show less marks or is the vw natrual grey so classy and so cool that it seems as if the van isn't actually there .. :doh

I tend to pick a far corner and take 2 slots. Careless car park dings are one of the few things guaranteed to make my blood boil. Grrr.

I just think my vw's are just magnets Andy ....lol... Or I'm just unlucky ....
The dent guy can't wait to get hold of my vans ...:) lol

I'd rather starve than park my Cali in a supermarket. Luckily they deliver...

It is dreadful though, I watched someone absoltely smack their door into the side of my last Subaru and they didn't even look to see if there was any damage. People amaze me sometimes.

If we do have to go into a supermarket, I'll more often than not stay with the van. It is amazing what you see in a supermarket carpark if you sit there for 30 minutes or more. Scary.

Aragggghhh don't get me started. I'm waiting until have 10 parking dents in the drivers door before calling my local dent devil guy who is £70 per panel. Really annoys me!, last weekend I discovered a 4 inch scuff on that big panel on the passenger side luckily it polished out and no dent... Why is is it that even when you park in the furthest spot from the shops on a Sunday morning some heap-o-crap parks next to you? People just don't care.

I've got a real annoying dent I the tailgate from Sainsburys car park too that is small but annoying in certain lights, waiting on that one until it has a twin? Last year watched some one scrape their bumper on the tow bar, I laughed at them with some mirth, but having an ongoing argument with Mrs K on the tow bar. I like to leave it on for protection but she keeps banging her shins on it!

Some scrote trashed all the centre caps too last year trying to nick them in Didcot station car park, llord knows why seeing as they are an odd size, gen VW replacements a tenner each plus the VAT!

Are these dent repair firms any good? I have two on the same door panel of the BM - it's sapphire black and looks great when clean and polished but the two little dents (recently acquired) REALLY hack me off!

I always park in parent and baby spaces as they are MUCH wider. Failing that I find some quiet corner. We do 95% of our shopping on-line so thankfully supermarket trips are pretty rare.

KernowLad said:
Are these dent repair firms any good? I have two on the same door panel of the BM - it's sapphire black and looks great when clean and polished but the two little dents (recently acquired) REALLY hack me off!

I always park in parent and baby spaces as they are MUCH wider. Failing that I find some quiet corner. We do 95% of our shopping on-line so thankfully supermarket trips are pretty rare.

i had a guy do a dent on my back quater post and on my sliding on my last van ( non-vw) :laugh2 and i didn't think he would be able to get it out ,as it was a peach of dent ..looked like a rubber hammer dent ...but there is a dent god and he got it out ..i should have taken a photo and he did it in a service station to keep his travel time down and price.... :thumb

the best way to do it is to ask about garages ,friends ,spares shop etc ....and see who's using who ...most of the best guys are one man bands and not well advertised.....

Top tip of the day ....call your VW dealer or any carcommercial dealer and ask who does their dent repairs before before the cars/vans go out onto the forecourt ( or worse before you take delivery of your new vehicle)..... ;)
i have a guy that i have just found that is a one man band that goes into london 3-4 days a week and works his magic for toyota and lexus and got recommended to me by local parts shop :thumb :thumb

The people or should I say tossers that seem to not care
About making a right ding I'n somebody's pride and joy are the low life scum that have also no pride I'n there stuff or themselves .as you can tell I have have a few dings I'n my cars campers over the years and these people really are my pet hate.I always make every effort to avoid carparks the mrs gets fed up with my bein on pins about parking my pride n joy I'n a carpark for some dented peice ov junk to park next to me on my return.the only way is to buy an old banger for every day use.and keep the cali at home

Only yesterday our son was sat outside go outdoors I'n our little polo while we nipped inside,when we got back to the car our lad was stood outside inspecting the car.he said a couple got I'n there car whacked our polo with there door looked out the window to see what damage they had caused and just drove off.all this while our son sat there watching..he tried to get the reg no, but they sped off quick .nasty little people aarrhhhh!!!.

I tell you what they are ace.when you spend so much on a pride n joy these things are a must lol.bit drastic,, but if you can't beat em, bluff em!!!

choplee said:
I just think my vw's are just magnets Andy ....lol... Or I'm just unlucky ....
The dent guy can't wait to get hold of my vans ...:) lol

Lee it might be the dent guy :x

Agree with all the above.
My work van is currently in the body shop having a dent in the centre panel being seen to, caused by a vending machine bloke in a 60 plate peugeot estate that looked 10 years old with all the scrapes and dents it had.
Luckily i was in the van at the time and his company's insurance are paying for it.
He didn't realise i was there til i stuck my head out the window he almost s### himself :lol:

Tossers the lot of them.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Came back to my Cali today whilst in Tesco to find trolley resting on the rear bumper, thankfully not too much damage, I am hoping I can polish it out.

I picked up a dent i my rear ..... er, Alfie's rear, within three days.

We visited Hardwick Hall NT the other day, and as the main car park was full, we parked in the completely empty overflow field to eat our sandwiches. So the next guy in circled the entire length of the empty field and then pulled up right next to us within 5 inches of our van. He couldn't even open his door. F$%$%$$^g unbelievable!

We visited Hardwick Hall NT the other day, and as the main car park was full, we parked in the completely empty overflow field to eat our sandwiches. So the next guy in circled the entire length of the empty field and then pulled up right next to us within 5 inches of our van. He couldn't even open his door. F$%$%$$^g unbelievable!
Aghhhhh makes my blood boil
Why do people do that when there’s so much space ??????

I've had so many cars that have picked up car park dings. The only car that didn't was a LR Discovery that I had side-steps fitted to. Any careless door opener would damage their car on my side-steps, which I didn't care if they got a bit marked. When I sold it there were no dings on the body work at all.

I have gone down the Marco Polo route and the only only extra insurance product I took out was the insurance that fixed any small dents, stone chips etc. The car I sold (via WeBuy AnyCar) had two noticeable parking dings and for that they took off £250 for each panel. The Mercedes insurance is £390 for three years and covers up to £3,000 of cumulative claims for dents, scuffs, chip, light scratches etc.

Do VW offer a similar minor damage insurance product for new cars?

Back