Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Carrying bodyboards

G

Gaila

Hi,

We are travelling for 3 weeks to France and maybe Italy at the end of the month.
My son wanted to take two body boards. I don't have a roof rack,there isn't any room inside the California.
I was wondering if anyone has tried to fasten the body boards onto the bikes on back of California? As I will be carrying 2 bikes(I think it is easier to open the rear door if we only take two bikes).
He wanted to buy triple body board bag to put wetsuit inside it as well, maybe we could strap fasten the whole thing on, would it be safe? Had anyone tried it?

Any advice would be great

Thanks.

Have you considered an inflatable roof rack? Quite a few people seem to use these nowadays for surfboards and kayaks, however I have no idea how good they are?

Hi Galia,

I saw a German T5 California on the moterway last week, with a fold-out bike rack on the back door.
He had 3 bikes on the rack and 2 body boards flat underneath the fold down platform with webbing straps holding them. It just looked right!

Regards Paul and Ash.

Really no room at all?

We stashed ours in the boot and hardly noticed it. Handy temporary beach mat to sit on as well!

Back