Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Carsington water CAMC or Woodland caravan park?

18ME

18ME

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Looking at going away this weekend staying Saturday and Sunday night in the Peak District. Had a quick look at the Carsington and Woodland campsites, can anyone recommend one over the other in terms of decent level pitch with cycle rides and places to visit/eat/drink within a reasonable walking or cycling distance.

Also anyone know the latest arrival time at Carsington? It doesn’t say on the booking app.

looking on some YouTube videos Carsington Water site looks fairly uneven and we don’t have ramps. Do they have many pitches that are fairly flat?

Carsington is a really nice site set in the trees. The only problem for me is there isn’t a pub in walking distance.

As a venue with cycling options, while I've never stayed at Carsington, I've cycled past it and done a lot of cycling in the area; there are plenty of cycle opportunities, both around the lake itself, but also the possibility of a larger loop by cycling up to Carsington village (pretty decent pub, Miner's Arms, but gets very busy), onto the High Peak Trail (brutal short road climb to get to it though!), along to Parsley Hay, then back down the Tissington Trail, either carry on to Ashbourne (cafe) and double back, or straight off at Fenny Bentley (I think) and there's a quiet lanes route back to the campsite area.

Thank you. We tried to get some info on arrival time and pitch levels but as I had to leave this morning I left my other half to sort and they’ve no space now for Saturday so she’s managed to book the other Woodland camping site (adults only) for the Sat and Sun. Looking forward to it now as we’ve not done much yet.

Thank you. We tried to get some info on arrival time and pitch levels but as I had to leave this morning I left my other half to sort and they’ve no space now for Saturday so she’s managed to book the other Woodland camping site (adults only) for the Sat and Sun. Looking forward to it now as we’ve not done much yet.
Enjoy and let us know what it’s like .

Enjoy and let us know what it’s like .
Got back home just after lunchtime today. The Woodland campsite in Ashbourne was a quiet site being adults only with nice hard standing pitches and very woody so not sunlight coming through which was a shame as it was a lovely sunny weekend, although we did have my brother and sister in law visit and drove us to Carsington Water for the day. The facilities on site were extremely clean and the new owners very welcoming. £48 for 2 nights with EHU but charged separately which was only 63p.

F747FD36-3271-4FBA-A939-9A9D0D273AAA.jpeg

C35CB39F-599B-4755-BCC3-D90882EBDA50.jpeg

4D2603F6-72A9-4D3D-8388-F9CB9EC02AB1.jpeg

2D6F380E-1244-4AEE-94BA-97158B243B97.jpeg

Back