Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Alfie! Rescue me.......

GrannyJen

GrannyJen

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Sat in the hairdressers, guild dinner tonight and feeling like death warmed up.

Woken up at 1.00 am by People staggering past my door noisily talking, trying to get back to sleep, hopelessly hot, 23 degrees with heating turned off, windows that barely open, sleeping in someone else’s bed and now skin itching all over, ..... finally got up this morning feeling as though I had just returned from a flying visit to hell :sad

Having to use a hotel, central London, guild dinner tonight and speaking at a history group dinner tomorrow, both finishing late and no campsites in reasonable taxi distance so no choice :(

How I miss my Alfie, my palace on wheels, my own bed, my own duvet, all my own bits around me, not sharing my space with others walking past my room, not listening to other people’s televisions. Windows that open, fresh air, peace, tranquility, eat and drink when I want to.... the sheer joy and independence of a Cali.

Alfie! I love you!

(But we still only have 14 hours to save the Earth)!

Last edited:
I know what you mean! We're about to head up to the Isle of Lewis, but have to take the big 4x4 truck as it's getting new bits fitted up there, so we've got to stay in a couple of ghastly Travelodges. Yuk! Not looking forward to that at all!

GJ, I know that feeling ...

Could you not have just hired a parking lot near to the venue and parked there? Next time, try justpark website and I am sure you can find a parking space very near to any venue in London.

I am sure Alfie will be hearing you and thinking to himself - see I told ya ... :D

men just don't understand the term ' hairdressers'

GJ, I know that feeling ...

Could you not have just hired a parking lot near to the venue and parked there? Next time, try justpark website and I am sure you can find a parking space very near to any venue in London.

I am sure Alfie will be hearing you and thinking to himself - see I told ya ... :D

Me and driving in London do not mix well :shocked

I normally stop at the CCC site at Chertsey but this is one of those rare times that I am here for two nights and I did not want to be catching a late train back to Chertsey.

There is always Chez Zebedee's driveway if you are stuck again! Smartie the Smart Car can go on the road.!

Sat in the hairdressers, guild dinner tonight and feeling like death warmed up.

Woken up at 1.00 am by People staggering past my door noisily talking, trying to get back to sleep, hopelessly hot, 23 degrees with heating turned off, windows that barely open, sleeping in someone else’s bed and now skin itching all over, ..... finally got up this morning feeling as though I had just returned from a flying visit to hell :sad

Having to use a hotel, central London, guild dinner tonight and speaking at a history group dinner tomorrow, both finishing late and no campsites in reasonable taxi distance so no choice :(

How I miss my Alfie, my palace on wheels, my own bed, my own duvet, all my own bits around me, not sharing my space with others walking past my room, not listening to other people’s televisions. Windows that open, fresh air, peace, tranquility, eat and drink when I want to.... the sheer joy and independence of a Cali.

Alfie! I love you!

(But we still only have 14 hours to save the Earth)!

I use Abbey Wood Caravan Club Site when I visit London. However I have never left London late. I think there is a late bus. I have used train to abbey wood but also Docklands to Woolwich then bus. https://tfl.gov.uk/ is good for planing routes. I think for central London most people prefer Crystal Palace Caravan Club Site which I have not tried. I like to cycle and Abbey Wood is good for that. Abbey Wood does get a bit of airplane noise and sometimes noisy parakeets during the day.

I use Abbey Wood Caravan Club Site when I visit London. However I have never left London late. I think there is a late bus. I have used train to abbey wood but also Docklands to Woolwich then bus. https://tfl.gov.uk/ is good for planing routes. I think for central London most people prefer Crystal Palace Caravan Club Site which I have not tried. I like to cycle and Abbey Wood is good for that. Abbey Wood does get a bit of airplane noise and sometimes noisy parakeets during the day.

I can never seem to get into Abbey wood :sad Each time it's something on at the Excel or the London Marathon, all those daft people running around ...:shocked

Abbey Wood will soon be one of the best connected railway stations in London, part of Crossrail, Thameslink and Network Southeast, with trains direct to London Bridge, Charing Cross, Waterloo East, Cannon Street, Blackfriars, Kings Cross, Paddington and Heathrow.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Back