Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cat S California Coast on Copart

C

Calikan

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi all just spotted my Cat S written off California Coast Campervan (see my other post for background on that!) is actually for sale on Copart now for anyone looking to have spares /convert another van etc or perhaps bring her back to life as I think you can do that with a Cat S?

Currently £12100 - Seems like a good deal just now given it looks like everything is still pretty much intact though the cabinets are a bit misaligned, and apart from the major rear and front damage!). She did still run / drive and airbags didnt deploy as I was stationary when hit?

This is not me selling / promoting it by the way as its the insurance companies now - just an FYI :

Looking at that hit there is good chance that the chassis has been deformed, that's not a cheap or easy fix.

Doesn't look too bad tbh. The rear wheels are centered in the wheel wells so not sure there is much if any chassis damage. Body panels front and rear plus the tailgate and ancilliary parts will make the repairs pricey.

Probably increase to a lot more than the current bid before auction ends.

Doesn't look too bad tbh. The rear wheels are centered in the wheel wells so not sure there is much if any chassis damage. Body panels front and rear plus the tailgate and ancilliary parts will make the repairs pricey.

You can't accurately tell anything from those photos, it would need a proper inspection. I've seen plenty of less "damaged" cars that has significant damage hidden underneath following a crash. Does Copart allow people to inspect vehicles before purchase?

You can't accurately tell anything from those photos, it would need a proper inspection. I've seen plenty of less "damaged" cars that has significant damage hidden underneath following a crash. Does Copart allow people to inspect vehicles before purchase?
You can 'book a viewing' on the Copart site.
The awning alone must be worth £12,100...

Hi all just spotted my Cat S written off California Coast Campervan (see my other post for background on that!) is actually for sale on Copart now for anyone looking to have spares /convert another van etc or perhaps bring her back to life as I think you can do that with a Cat S?

Currently £12100 - Seems like a good deal just now given it looks like everything is still pretty much intact though the cabinets are a bit misaligned, and apart from the major rear and front damage!). She did still run / drive and airbags didnt deploy as I was stationary when hit?

This is not me selling / promoting it by the way as its the insurance companies now - just an FYI :

One for Mat Armstrong !!!

There was a really good thread a while back where someone spotted a repaired Cali on here and then found a description (and video, I think) of the original crash. Much discussion on whether it was safe, etc. It was a good discussion.

Mat Armstrong might well give it a go...would go nicely at his new pad! Plus different to the usual cars he does. :)

Getting all his followers interested in Cali's might give the market a much needed boost! I'm guessing the age profile is rather younger than here, although this 60 year old has been following him for a couple of years.

£28,750+fees, so £30,500ish. A quick glance at Autotrader seems to imply about £50-52k for a similar Coast and general rule of thumb seems to be 20% less market value for Cat status. Not a massive bargain if you ask me.
For CAT S I would make that discount deeper.

I generally work on a minimum 25% discount to market for a damaged repaired CAT N

Everyone has their risk profiles though.

I wouldn't touch this regardless. But If I did, the price would have had to have been less than £20k.

Tough to sell on as well.

Well someone thought it worth a punt as it is now sold

did anyone clock what the final price was out of interest?

There was a really good thread a while back where someone spotted a repaired Cali on here and then found a description (and video, I think) of the original crash. Much discussion on whether it was safe, etc. It was a good discussion.
Here you go kebab shop killer and Cut and shut killer all In one thread

Back