Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

CD Changer retrofit

drmanhattan

drmanhattan

VIP Member
does anyone know if it's possible to have a cd changer retrofitted into a VW California which already has MDI? If so where can it be located and is it a DIY job? I have rns510 with mdi and aux input in the glovebox.

Don't know if it is possible, but I would think so. Could mount unit under drivers seat.

I'm sure the likes of Hazzy Dayz could fit this (they fitted our RNS510, reversing camera, MDI, and BT !!), and there must be instructions out on the web on how to DIY.

Simon

Thank you. It'll be great if it can be done. I'll look into it and report on my progress!

Hi
My cd's are now obsolete as I put them all on to a SDHC card and they can either be stored onto the RNS510 or just played on it.----- much easier, and cheaper. I also download from the P.C. using a bought system called( Replay Music] and ,have used it to download music from Windows Media that has a lot of internet stations. then put them onto the card.
Hope this helps

Honestly don't know, but a lot of stereos will only let you have one or the other, so MDI or CD changer and not both. If I had a unit that I could check then I would have a look.

cheers

Back