Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

iPhone 5 and MDI (Media Device Interface)

S

Suffolk2526

VIP Member
Have been happily using my old iPhone 4 as a satnav (Navigon App) connected to RCD310 via MDI in glovebox. Wedges on ash tray , charges and speaks directions through the speakers.

Have changed my phone to an iPhone 5 with the lightning connection and obviously Im unable to connect up. Does anyone know if MDI cable is available yet for new iPhone? Any success with the Apple adapter?

Regards

Jim

Jim i would like to think that with the Apple Adaptor it should be OK as it will switch the new connector to the previous.

i use the Apple connector for my IPhone 5 - and it is fine. I've got the Kenwood system, sometimes the Kenwood gets confused and you need to unplug one of the connectors from the stere and re plug in but it is fine.

James

Had the intention to open a new thread about it but...thanks Jim :thanks
I think I'll have a look on amazon for the adaptor.

James, you meant "adaptor" didn't you?

:hello

Argo&Liebe said:
Had the intention to open a new thread about it but...thanks Jim :thanks
I think I'll have a look on amazon for the adaptor.

James, you meant "adaptor" didn't you?

:hello

Yes lol - the only downside with the Kenwood system is that it doesn't always recognise it but that's the same if you make your own with a an aux lead and ipod lead, just got to unlug and re plug.

All plays and charges though.

James

Thanks all!
Reassuring to hear. Have ordered the conversion device - hopefully will arrive in next day or so.

Jim :thanks

Back