Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Changed my mind..I am not selling my £30yr anniversary Limited Edition Cali

D

Dingbat

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199 4 motion
As per title..I have changed my mind and have removed my advertisement to sell my 30yr anniversary Cali. Came to the conclusion that I will persevere/adjust with decreasing mobility, as I would never be able to replace this phenomenal vehicle with all its present options..it is the obvious choice for travelling the UK/Europe?

As per title..I have changed my mind and have removed my advertisement to sell my 30yr anniversary Cali. Came to the conclusion that I will persevere/adjust with decreasing mobility, as I would never be able to replace this phenomenal vehicle with all its present options..it is the obvious choice for travelling the UK/Europe?
Good call.

I have thought about changing so many times, but every time (like the weekend just gone past), when on a whim you can drive out, go have dinner at a scenic spot and watch the sun go down - priceless!

PXL_20220924_175416117.jpg

Continue to enjoy your adventures.

Right now, sitting and planning a possible trip to Switzerland in Dec and know that travel will not be a hassle at all ... the van is ready ... and can change plans at the last minute - priceless.

Good to hear, looked a fab Cali when I saw it last weekend. Got to be a keeper.
Hope you can adapt and continue to have some amazing adventures. Best of luck!
Chris

Thank you Mr T(Chris) and kurienp..nice to meet you and other members + Slimbridge last weekend. Yes, the 30yr anniversary model with all the options will be difficult/impossible to replace..a campervan fits perfectly with plans to see the Uk/Europe..even at my age/condition!

I am not sure whether this is the correct place to ask this question..searched as to where I should place this query.
Having made the decision that this California is a keeper, I am considering fitting 18" Alloys, probably matt black or two tone silver/grey/gloss black. Tyres would obviously be 18"..but 255 x 50/45 x R18 at least 103/104 rating. The stiffer walls would hopefully offer a slight improvement in handling (although not a problem at mo)
Possibly allowing me to use the current 235 55 R17" spare. I have been advised that using the spare (in the event of puncturing) on the same axle as an 18" is a no-no for "4 wheel drive"?
Can anyone advise whether this info is correct?
I am considering the same 18" alloys on my 2019 Tiguan (if they are rated for a Cali)...not sure whether they are still available.
Advice on any of the above..or any other 18" alloys will be welcome.
Also thinking of matt black/black gloss side bars..any advice regarding the best?

I am not sure whether this is the correct place to ask this question..searched as to where I should place this query.
Having made the decision that this California is a keeper, I am considering fitting 18" Alloys, probably matt black or two tone silver/grey/gloss black. Tyres would obviously be 18"..but 255 x 50/45 x R18 at least 103/104 rating. The stiffer walls would hopefully offer a slight improvement in handling (although not a problem at mo)
Possibly allowing me to use the current 235 55 R17" spare. I have been advised that using the spare (in the event of puncturing) on the same axle as an 18" is a no-no for "4 wheel drive"?
Can anyone advise whether this info is correct?
I am considering the same 18" alloys on my 2019 Tiguan (if they are rated for a Cali)...not sure whether they are still available.
Advice on any of the above..or any other 18" alloys will be welcome.
Also thinking of matt black/black gloss side bars..any advice regarding the best?
With regards to spare tyre/wheel on a 4 motion.
Provided your 18" wheels and your 17" spare have the VW recommended tyre sizes fitted respectively then they will have the same circumference/diameter and the spare can be used as a " get you out of trouble " spare. Limited speed, no more than 50mph, and limited distance. Basically to get you to nearest garage to get the punctured tyre fixed/replaced.
Side bars. The best are stainless steel. Many painted ones are mild or poor quality stainless steel. So choose wisely. Or get good quality stainless steel and have them powder coated.

Thank you WelshGas for info..including preferable stainless steel sidebars + powder coating.
Sorry did not see you + Slimbridge..although I was asked in the Tudor Arms "was I WelshGas" (had check shirt on).