Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Changing alloys to steels

Sandyvan

Sandyvan

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
T5 140's come as standard with a 16 inch spare its only the 180's that need minimum 17's
The T5.1 150s could be spec-ed with the bigger brakes for £100, but as Cali kev said came with 16" as standard all T6s to my knowledge came with 17" wheels unless you spec-ed 18" alloys.

Sandyvan

Sandyvan

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I have 18" VW steels from a Amarok... look awesome, 950KG load rated each, super quiet and a bit stealth, rather than a bit bling... I got them from Is Coles here as I know his work from banding other wheels, although mine are not banded on the Cali! I have stock 16" steel for winter but might update my 18s at some point to Michelin cross climates or swamper tyres. they have summer tyres on at the mo but no issues on campsites etc...

Simon coles here: https://en-gb.facebook.com/pg/scvwcustomsbanded/about/

You can also get from these guys:

Silver: https://stitchesandsteel.com/collections/t5-t6/products/volkswagen-transporter-oversized-steel-wheels

Or in black:

Go for it!

View attachment 51232

View attachment 51233

View attachment 51234
Unless I missed it how much? I don't do facebook.

T3T4gone...

T3T4gone...

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Me neither but I couldn't find website! I paid £345 for the four without tyres from Is Coles...

Oh, er I can actually park too!

T3T4gone...

T3T4gone...

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
This is a wheel thread... not a parking thread! plus I do know about tyres...

Sandyvan

Sandyvan

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Me neither but I couldn't find website! I paid £345 for the four without tyres from Is Coles...

Oh, er I can actually park too!
Cheers, its a choice of these then buy tyres and have them fitted or Four T32 17" Steels C/W Goodyear cargo vector M&S tyres. I will have a think.

I must admit I like the look of the T32 Cheese shape holes better but only 17". And they come with centres for £475 for four delivery millage. What to do :confused:

A

Alistair Hardy

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
The T5.1 150s could be spec-ed with the bigger brakes for £100, but as Cali kev said came with 16" as standard all T6s to my knowledge came with 17" wheels unless you spec-ed 18" alloys.
Yes mine is a T5 180 bought at 1 year old so speced by Someone else
I just feel the alloys are a bit precious I’m more a steel wheel man it feels easier somehow

Martin

Martin

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I removed my 18" Palmerstons this weekend and fitted some steels with all season tyres as the roads down here in Devon are so bad! I have decided I quite like look and might keep them on all the time and save me the worry of kerbing my alloys.

Last edited:
babble

babble

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Coast 150
1570433784437.png

Mine came with these, with all season tyres. i'm sort of planning to get some 18 inch alloys at some point, but rather like these for the time being.

1570433728818.png

A

Alistair Hardy

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I removed my 18" Palmerstons this weekend and fitted some steels with all season tyres as the roads down here in Devon are so bad! I have decided I quite like look and might keep them on all the time and save me the worry of kerbing my alloys.

Yes that’s my plan also
Thanks are these steels 17”

Martin

Martin

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Yeah 17 inch and appears much better ride , so far really happy with them .

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

SailSki

SailSki

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Apologies if I missed it, but can the 17” steels take spacers to widen the track a bit? I quite like them for winter with all the salt but the van looks slightly anaemic to me.

Elmo the Ocean

Elmo the Ocean

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Just fitted my set of ‘winter alloys’ with Cooper Discoverer All Season. M+S and 3 peak rated. Initial impressions are very quiet and extremely comfortable ride.

318986FF-D552-4F6E-B329-281B1387D41A.jpeg

paradise city

paradise city

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Will hopefully get mine changed over this weekend.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

B J G

B J G

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I have 18" VW steels from a Amarok... look awesome, 950KG load rated each, super quiet and a bit stealth, rather than a bit bling... I got them from Is Coles here as I know his work from banding other wheels, although mine are not banded on the Cali! I have stock 16" steel for winter but might update my 18s at some point to Michelin cross climates or swamper tyres. they have summer tyres on at the mo but no issues on campsites etc...

Simon coles here: https://en-gb.facebook.com/pg/scvwcustomsbanded/about/

You can also get from these guys:

Silver: https://stitchesandsteel.com/collections/t5-t6/products/volkswagen-transporter-oversized-steel-wheels

Or in black:

Go for it!

View attachment 51232

View attachment 51233

View attachment 51234
Only thing to be aware of with the Amorak wheels is that they have a lower offset figure than Cali ones. Wheels will 'stick out' further spaying more mud down the sides and care needs to be taken with tyre choice for front wheel arch clearance if on a lowered suspension.

Sandyvan

Sandyvan

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Only thing to be aware of with the Amorak wheels is that they have a lower offset figure than Cali ones. Wheels will 'stick out' further spaying more mud down the sides and care needs to be taken with tyre choice for front wheel arch clearance if on a lowered suspension.
What about sliding door clearance?

Sandyvan

Sandyvan

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
No problem with that, unless very wide tyres fitted.
Not the best description from me, I was just making others aware of the door to consider as well as the front arch's :Iamsorry I had a set of the steels on my first Cali and am about to get another set for this one, I can then have my alloys refurbed for next year.

B J G

B J G

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Not the best description from me, I was just making others aware of the door to consider as well as the front arch's :Iamsorry I had a set of the steels on my first Cali and am about to get another set for this one, I can then have my alloys refurbed for next year.
I've gone for a new set of winter grade painted alloys with all season tyres and cleared out duplicate sets of wheels/tyres for winter/summer.

Our Partners