Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Chipsaway pricing

marshian70

marshian70

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Got a couple of scuffs on alloy wheels on my road car that I was going to get Chipsaway to attend to. Been quoted £90 a wheel (inc VAT) which seems a little high to me? Appreciate any views
Thanks

I paid half that at a local bodyshop, they resprayed the whole wheel, looked like new and still does. I think chips away are the most expensive so I would shop around.

Sent using Tapatalk

Like Martin says £90 is high.

I had my wheels on my EOS refurbished for £50 per wheel and that process was remove tyre, Strip, Prime, Base coat Colour, Machine Face & Clearcoat in Powder coat - I had all four done and they even gave me loan wheels for a few days. They looked like new.

I think the chips away people will just touch up the dents and scrapes, so I would only want to pay 20-30 quid for that service.

I used http://www.wheelclinic.co.uk/ in Northampton, which is a bit of a drive from you - but I am sure there is something similar in Norwich. For extra money they can even do different colours :)

I was going to use chipsway to remove a small dent in my drivers door after a slight argument with the touch screen check-in at eurotunnel. For the quote that I was given I would expect a new door,

Dentmaster for less than half the pice did it. I think that like most they quote based on the length of their order book so always worth shopping around.