Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Clark Commercials Dyce - positive outcome

AlisonF

AlisonF

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I am delighted to be able to say that I had a very constructive, positive and open discussion with the manager and service manager at Clark Commercials in Dyce this morning.
We agreed the way forward on several issues I have been experiencing with the van. I have also received a couple of generous gestures of good will.
I am very pleased with this outcome and hope this is a good sign for the future.

AlisonF

AlisonF

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Sorry to labour this one. But I think it would benefit a lot of us in Scotland (not just North East) if people on here could help recognise the big effort being made to correct mistakes from the past... if anyone is in doubt then please speak to the manager. Thank you

kurienp

kurienp

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Excellent News Alison and fair play to anyone who is making the effort to get things fixed. No one gets it right all the time, especially with this complex machine and exacting customers. Good on CC Dyce.

BeagleMum

BeagleMum

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I am delighted to be able to say that I had a very constructive, positive and open discussion with the manager and service manager at Clark Commercials in Dyce this morning.
We agreed the way forward on several issues I have been experiencing with the van. I have also received a couple of generous gestures of good will.
I am very pleased with this outcome and hope this is a good sign for the future.
That’s excellent news after all the negative experiences

Perfectos

Perfectos

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Glad to see you got there In the end Alison, never a nice experience having to deal with the emotion and stress, hopefully the support and advice you received on this forum helped in those low times and hopefully the Dealer has taken on board that this forum is wide ranging and supportive of its fellow members?

Spring is just around the corner let’s hope you can get out and enjoy your Cali, like you should be able to, and forget about the issues and stress induced unnecessarily.

It was so last year daaahrling haha. ;)

BTW FairPlay to you for the update

M

Michael403

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
We bought an Ocean from them last August. The whole buying procedure was very straightforward with no attempt to rush anything. On the day we collected it up a small defect that I had not noticed was picked up by the chap doing the handover, who promptly arranged to have the defect rectified as soon as the part was available. It was hassle free and inspired confidence in the dealership, and I am happy to say that we have thoroughly enjoyed using the vehicle.

AlisonF

AlisonF

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
We bought an Ocean from them last August. The whole buying procedure was very straightforward with no attempt to rush anything. On the day we collected it up a small defect that I had not noticed was picked up by the chap doing the handover, who promptly arranged to have the defect rectified as soon as the part was available. It was hassle free and inspired confidence in the dealership, and I am happy to say that we have thoroughly enjoyed using the vehicle.
My handover 4 years ago was poor. Spotted issues on pre inspection that were still there on collection. I think there has been a bit of a wake up call the last couple of years...
The current manager has been there for a year, I only got to know him through my issues recently and I am very impressed with him. Fingers crossed the positive experiences people have commented about more recently is a sign of change for good for the long term.

G

GoofyS92A

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199 4 motion
I have just recently bought our Ocean from them and to be honest, I had my reservations about their after sales from reading your previous thread. It nice to see you have both have come to an agreement and hopefully you won’t have to wait too long to have your wiring problems sorted.

AlisonF

AlisonF

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I have just recently bought our Ocean from them and to be honest, I had my reservations about their after sales from reading your previous thread. It nice to see you have both have come to an agreement and hopefully you won’t have to wait too long to have your wiring problems sorted.
Not specific to this dealer, but I would suggest going through the threads on here about things that can go wrong in the first few years and keep an eye on those parts. The Cali has some specific weaknesses and if you catch them early can be dealt with as warranty issues instead of our of warranty or then classed as wear and tear...
The service department deal with lots of VW commercial vehicles (Aberdeen has been pretty affluent from the oil industry) so are pretty clued up around the engine side of things, but maybe less so about some of the specifics of the habitation side. Not so many people in the cold damp dark North East think a camper is their ideal vehicle...
Now I seem to have convinced them to join the forum, it would be great to share more experiences, good as well as less so.