Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Clark Commercials

AlisonF

AlisonF

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
We bought an Ocean from them last August. The whole buying procedure was very straightforward with no attempt to rush anything. On the day we collected it up a small defect that I had not noticed was picked up by the chap doing the handover, who promptly arranged to have the defect rectified as soon as the part was available. It was hassle free and inspired confidence in the dealership, and I am happy to say that we have thoroughly enjoyed using the vehicle.
My handover 4 years ago was poor. Spotted issues on pre inspection that were still there on collection. I think there has been a bit of a wake up call the last couple of years...
The current manager has been there for a year, I only got to know him through my issues recently and I am very impressed with him. Fingers crossed the positive experiences people have commented about more recently is a sign of change for good for the long term.

G

GoofyS92A

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199 4 motion
I have just recently bought our Ocean from them and to be honest, I had my reservations about their after sales from reading your previous thread. It nice to see you have both have come to an agreement and hopefully you won’t have to wait too long to have your wiring problems sorted.

AlisonF

AlisonF

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I have just recently bought our Ocean from them and to be honest, I had my reservations about their after sales from reading your previous thread. It nice to see you have both have come to an agreement and hopefully you won’t have to wait too long to have your wiring problems sorted.
Not specific to this dealer, but I would suggest going through the threads on here about things that can go wrong in the first few years and keep an eye on those parts. The Cali has some specific weaknesses and if you catch them early can be dealt with as warranty issues instead of our of warranty or then classed as wear and tear...
The service department deal with lots of VW commercial vehicles (Aberdeen has been pretty affluent from the oil industry) so are pretty clued up around the engine side of things, but maybe less so about some of the specifics of the habitation side. Not so many people in the cold damp dark North East think a camper is their ideal vehicle...
Now I seem to have convinced them to join the forum, it would be great to share more experiences, good as well as less so.

Richy

Richy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Clark Commercials Edinburgh strike again !!!

I purchased a 3 service deal when I bought my Beach back in 2016,
I’ve had issues with both Edinburgh and Kirkcaldy service centres from day one,
but for the last 2 years I’ve been happy as I’ve not had any dealings with either of them until today !!!!
The van was booked in for a service today, when my wife dropped it off they informed her that there were several recalls on the van that needed attention and they would need it for 4 hours !!!!
Anyway one of the recalls was to inspect for roof corrosion, which was all clear :)

I arrived home from work to the following :

C3A6D581-83A2-4118-A633-11E440C5DBBA.jpeg

61D0C066-28A6-42CB-AA52-88EA94450CEB.jpeg

2027C495-38A2-40C4-BB50-9513B23F8061.jpeg

Alied

Alied

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Is there a hole in the fabric. It beggars belief that main dealers don't know how to put a roof down on a Beach. I've been to two dealers that didn't know this. If this is the case I feel sorry for Coast and Beach owners.

AlisonF

AlisonF

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Clark Commercials Edinburgh strike again !!!

I purchased a 3 service deal when I bought my Beach back in 2016,
I’ve had issues with both Edinburgh and Kirkcaldy service centres from day one,
but for the last 2 years I’ve been happy as I’ve not had any dealings with either of them until today !!!!
The van was booked in for a service today, when my wife dropped it off they informed her that there were several recalls on the van that needed attention and they would need it for 4 hours !!!!
Anyway one of the recalls was to inspect for roof corrosion, which was all clear :)

I arrived home from work to the following :

View attachment 63957

View attachment 63958

View attachment 63959
So sorry to see this. How have you got on with them today (assuming you’ve gone straight back to them?)

Richy

Richy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I was contacted by one of Clark Commercial managers earlier, who, to give him credit did actually apologise and seem interested in my complaint.

But it’s ongoing just now !!!!!

sbmcd

sbmcd

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Clarks Commercials Edinburgh have just done my rear wheel bearings and track rod ends, collect and return service used, no issues to report.

Richy

Richy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Clarks Commercials Edinburgh have just done my rear wheel bearings and track rod ends, collect and return service used, no issues to report.
Hi, did they offer collect and return when you booked or did you ask ?

sbmcd

sbmcd

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi, did they offer collect and return when you booked or did you ask ?
Just ask when you book, I very rarely take it myself unless it's a while you wait job.

AlisonF

AlisonF

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I ordered a pretty high spec Kombi back in July. It was to replace my wonderful Ocean (that I still miss every day), but simply wasn’t working for me with 4 dogs. Trying to have them all crated safely was a struggle, and even without managing that, I was unable to access wardrobe, fridge, hob or sink...
Hence the Kombi order - which was maxed up to represent a Beach, without being a Beach.
Once the news came about the new Beaches, I asked around on the forum and received some really useful feedback (@Borris ) .
Today I had an appointment with my dealer to discuss potentially changing my Kombi order to the new Beach, and buying a vehicle to tide me over. As they had politely offered me a high spec Kombi to use as trade in for my Ocean whilst I awaited my Kombi.
So, to have the dealer say, they have already discussed a loan / lease vehicle for me for the extended period. Without me asking. Just, gave me a good feeling that despite my negative earlier experiences, things are being turned around to be customer focused.
As the new Beaches are not yet on the configurator, I can’t say for sure. I am optimistic that I can add a positive new order post in 2 weeks.

Digger

Digger

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Fingers crossed and would be great for a positive outcome. Good luck.

kurienp

kurienp

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
That is good to hear Alison on Clark Commercials ... but did you not switch because of the trailer and the single rear gate fouling the trailer? If you switch to the beach, yes, you get a beach ... but that would not have the barn door option?

H

Highlands

Vehicle
Just browsing
I ordered a pretty high spec Kombi back in July. It was to replace my wonderful Ocean (that I still miss every day), but simply wasn’t working for me with 4 dogs. Trying to have them all crated safely was a struggle, and even without managing that, I was unable to access wardrobe, fridge, hob or sink...
Hence the Kombi order - which was maxed up to represent a Beach, without being a Beach.
Once the news came about the new Beaches, I asked around on the forum and received some really useful feedback (@Borris ) .
Today I had an appointment with my dealer to discuss potentially changing my Kombi order to the new Beach, and buying a vehicle to tide me over. As they had politely offered me a high spec Kombi to use as trade in for my Ocean whilst I awaited my Kombi.
So, to have the dealer say, they have already discussed a loan / lease vehicle for me for the extended period. Without me asking. Just, gave me a good feeling that despite my negative earlier experiences, things are being turned around to be customer focused.
As the new Beaches are not yet on the configurator, I can’t say for sure. I am optimistic that I can add a positive new order post in 2 weeks.
You appear to be having a better experience with Clark Commercials than us. Still waiting for a quote for a Cali from back in August...... Get the impression some of the dealers cant be arsed unless you walk through the door, particularly in Aberdeen with all the off-shore money doing the rounds

California4x4

California4x4

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
That’s great to hear. Here’s hoping for a 4Motion beach option ;)

IainB

IainB

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
You appear to be having a better experience with Clark Commercials than us. Still waiting for a quote for a Cali from back in August...... Get the impression some of the dealers cant be arsed unless you walk through the door, particularly in Aberdeen with all the off-shore money doing the rounds
That's not good to hear. I got quotes around the same time, ordered in September, and had no issues or unreasonable delays in getting information or making progress. Who have you been dealing with in Aberdeen?

AlisonF

AlisonF

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
That is good to hear Alison on Clark Commercials ... but did you not switch because of the trailer and the single rear gate fouling the trailer? If you switch to the beach, yes, you get a beach ... but that would not have the barn door option?
Yes that is correct. But I can slide the bench seat right forward and access the (yet to be bought dog crates) internally when towing.
Was not possible in the Ocean as I could only fit 2 crates in the rear and 2 were in the living area so no room to move the seat... without the wardrobe and cupboard there will be space behind the bench seat for all 4 dogs.

H

Highlands

Vehicle
Just browsing
That's not good to hear. I got quotes around the same time, ordered in September, and had no issues or unreasonable delays in getting information or making progress. Who have you been dealing with in Aberdeen?
Don't recall the blokes name but had a couple of responses from the quote requests I submitted through the webpage. They were quick enough to reply after the initial requests saying they would get back to me with some figures but never heard anything else. Chased once then decided not to waste anymore time.

This was the beginning of August. We ended up ordering through Hawco in Inverness shortly after. Great service and a fair discount, all you cant ask for to be honest :)

IainB

IainB

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Don't recall the blokes name but had a couple of responses from the quote requests I submitted through the webpage. They were quick enough to reply after the initial requests saying they would get back to me with some figures but never heard anything else. Chased once then decided not to waste anymore time.

This was the beginning of August. We ended up ordering through Hawco in Inverness shortly after. Great service and a fair discount, all you cant ask for to be honest :)
Good that you got an order sorted, pretty poor that Aberdeen didn't follow-up though. Their loss is Hawco's gain, also assume more local for you in the event of any warranty/service support.

H

Highlands

Vehicle
Just browsing
Good that you got an order sorted, pretty poor that Aberdeen didn't follow-up though. Their loss is Hawco's gain, also assume more local for you in the event of any warranty/service support.
Yep, we were happy to keep it local for warranty and service. Everywhere else is 2 to 3 hours away.

And just to start the week off on a good footing, had a call from the sales boss this morning to let us know the van is at the docks waiting for the next crossing.... happy days :thumb

VW California Club