Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cleaning a Cobb ?

John

John

VIP Member
Our Cobb has been giving us a sterling survice on our 10 day camping trip in Cornwall.

However, the downside is that we have now gained a large amount of burnt on grease on the roasting rack and grilling surface. :cry:

Now if it was a BBQ I would not be worried, but the Cobb does need to be cleaned, and it is a job that I am not looking forward to. :headwall

Is there an easy way?

Are there any good products out there to get it clean again when I get home? :D

John

John, We just wash the cooking surfaces straight after we use them on site then bung the whole lot into a very hot dishwasher when we get home,i think the key is washing them straight after cooking.

Martin said:
John, We just wash the cooking surfaces straight after we use them on site then bung the whole lot into a very hot dishwasher when we get home,i think the key is washing them straight after cooking.

Blown that one then :cry:

John

oven cleaner will shift all that john......every year just the once at beginning of BBQ season i get those horrid grills off and put in an oven bag and hay presto ...clean as a whistle :thumb

Lorraine agrees with you on that Lee, Overpride, apparently you bung it in a bag for an hour and it comes out like new? I must admit this is not my department.

Martin said:
Lorraine agrees with you on that Lee, Overpride, apparently you bung it in a bag for an hour and it comes out like new? I must admit this is not my department.

i know my cleaning products mart .... :laugh2 :barmy

Back