Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cleaning Cobb!

beardie

beardie

Used my Cobb for the first time and blimey what a mess!
Cooked some sausages and they seemed to slide down the grilling plate that goes above the stone.

The big shock was the mess in the moat and on the underside of the grilling plate. The moats in the dishwasher but am cleaning the grilling plate. Does anybody put this in the dishwasher?
Needed to use a scourer on the aluminium underside.

Any cleaning tips?

yes we put all parts in the dishwasher moat and grilling plate.

Well the moat has just come out of the dishwasher and the burnt on grease was pretty much untouched!

Set about it with a Brillo pad and most is off, I am knackered though.

Still some stains / discolouration that were not possible to shift. Is this to be expected ? Am I being OCD expecting it to clean up shiny as new?

Thanks

When camping most parts don’t need too much cleaning (I always use the rack, non stick pan and stir fry pan, which are all easily cleaned). I now use the aluminium liner for the moat so the base doesn’t need cleaning as often. And stick the whole lot in the dishwasher now and again at home.

It’s one of the reasons I got rid of mine.

Takes an age to cook anything and then cleaning it after use on a campsite was a right PITA...
I now bung in the Weber GoAnywhere which never needs cleaning .

Cooks well enough. Did a whole chicken in 40 minutes and then spent 2 hours cleaning it :(:(:(

Cooks well enough. Did a whole chicken in 40 minutes and then spent 2 hours cleaning it :(:(:(

It does make some great food. We had a couple of lovely roast dinners in the van.
Shame about the cleaning

A tip we were shown and now always use is to pour some water into the gulley once the cooking’s done. Put the lid back on and leave til morning. Stops the fat baking on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back