Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cobb BBQ Owners - Help!

C

cobbley

Guys and Gals I just got my cobb three days back and its amazing at what and how it cook!.
However I have 2 issues -

1. Cleaning the cobb - From my 2nd bbq, which cooked far more food, I had allot of fat marks and ash on the moat and bowl.
I have dishwasher'd it twice, but the fat stains still remaining.
Any ideas?

2. The 2nd time I cooked on the cobb, I decided to try move it to another location while cooking as I read many times it was possible and to my surprise, I got burnt!

The metal strips where next to mesh was really hot and even the mesh was quite warm!
Would this indicate my cobb was faulty?

Sounds faulty to me, mesh should be cold to luke warm even when on for 2+ hours. Mine is on as we speak and have already moved it twice within the last hour. If you bought it from Lakeland they will exchange it no questions asked.

As for question one, i would not worry too much about the moat being sparkling clean.

Totally agree that the Cobb sounds faulty. We've often moved ours and it has never felt anything other than cool on the outside.

Odd also though that you had ash in the moat. A cobblestone normally stays in one piece. If you were using briquettes, is it possible that it was over loaded in some way? Still can't think that this would end up conducting heat to the outside.